Discuss What are our kids being taught these days? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

littlespark

-
Esteemed
Arms
Supporter
Patron
Reaction score
So this happened today:-

My daughter texts me from school asking if its ok to put a 100W bulb (her word, not mine) when it says 60W Max?
I replied no, it'll be too hot. Fire risk.

When she gets home, I asked her about it.
Apparently for a biology experiment, in photosynthesis. She said the teacher told them to use the 100W anyway.

So the teacher is telling the kids to ignore warning signs on the equipment?
No wonder the world is full of obnoxious little sh*tes that think the rules don't apply to them.

Rant over

but at leas --- will reduce the school's heating bill.

Haha... when at school we had a science teacher who was a few months off retiring and didn't give a damn, he was proper old school, when doing the potassium in water experiment, he did a little and turns around and says thats a bit crap the potassium must have been exposed to air, threw the jar out the window into the pond! you then have this almighty flash and flame coming out of the fish pond with a bunch of excited teenagers cheering...
He would stand there in class smoking out the window...
He actually did grow his own cannabis and was a regular behind the bike sheds having a smoke with the older kids. he didn't care.
In the cupboard in his classroom he had his own home brew kit making his own cider - on the school premises!!
today he would get locked up but in the 1990's it seemed okay.
He was also big into model rocketry making and the size of some of his rockets and home made engines were like mini cruise missiles!
I see him around town every now and then and always say hello.. I wish all my teachers were as good as he was, as it was him and his chemistry lessons that got me to join the forces as a weapons technician. he was a legend..

I actually thought it was illegal to sell 100W lamps now thanks to EU legislation. So not only ignoring serious warning signs, but also dealing in contraband black market lamps

I actually thought it was illegal to sell 100W lamps now thanks to EU legislation. So not only ignoring serious warning signs, but also dealing in contraband black market lamps
No?????? 100W?? OMG. I've got 2 x 150W in my loft, I'd better get up there in the morning and get them on Ebay.

Haha... when at school we had a science teacher who was a few months off retiring and didn't give a damn, he was proper old school, when doing the potassium in water experiment, he did a little and turns around and says thats a bit crap the potassium must have been exposed to air, threw the jar out the window into the pond! you then have this almighty flash and flame coming out of the fish pond with a bunch of excited teenagers cheering...
He would stand there in class smoking out the window...
He actually did grow his own cannabis and was a regular behind the bike sheds having a smoke with the older kids. he didn't care.
In the cupboard in his classroom he had his own home brew kit making his own cider - on the school premises!!
today he would get locked up but in the 1990's it seemed okay.
He was also big into model rocketry making and the size of some of his rockets and home made engines were like mini cruise missiles!
I see him around town every now and then and always say hello.. I wish all my teachers were as good as he was, as it was him and his chemistry lessons that got me to join the forces as a weapons technician. he was a legend..
at school our chemistry teacher , nckname cabbage was a 80 a day capstan full strength non tipped smoker.in class, out of class, he never was seen witgout a smoke on the go. he died at 82.

Looking at a 118W £3 boasting 150W worth of Lumens ....
..In Maplins Today ! .... before its gone - SAD
...Rough duty loop-hole closed.
(My Geckos like a real lamp in the winter-LED summer !)
Shocked to find batten holders ,actually die from heat if not angled.

Anyone got any clue regarding the above?? I thought my home brew was good.........

I gave Zap an ‘informative’ for every part of that post. SBO sometimes you gotta slow man and read the lines and it’ll come to you - it worth it!
Edit; except for the rough duty loop-hole closed but I’m not one to let a cryptic ruin my break time!

Anyone got any clue regarding the above?? I thought my home brew was good.........
It’s hard not to picture you as Ozzy so I thought you’d get it!

Reply to What are our kids being taught these days? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net