• IMPORTANT: Please note that nobody on this forum should be seeking from or providing advice to those who are not competent and / or trained and qualified in their field (local laws permitting). There is a discussion thread on this global industry-wide matter HERE. This also has more information about the warning with regards to sharing electrical advice in some countries. By using this forum you do so in agreement to this.

Discuss What are you doing/done today in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

T

Toneyz

What are you doing/done today ? not a direct poll but I thought that it would be interesting to see a snapshot of a day in the life of a E.F. member did it go to plan what problems did you overcome.

To day we are carry on installing unistrut ,rod etc for tray basket & trunking for new county council offices. nice job will take us up until Christmas.

Yesterday, spent most of the day in a hot dusty, itchy loft, altering extractor fan (previously diy installed), replacing old down lights and switching in a bathroom. Got wet feet, 'cos I had to park me van in a puddle on the drive

Today I'm going back there to make good a tiny hole made by a moving plasterboard nail, they found in an adjoining bedroom and a smudge on the ceiling in the bathroom. Apparently, the homeowner nearly cried.

I love my job :)

For me it was finishing up a house of Dimplex Quantums (I hate them). The whole job went to pot. Wrong heater sizes from the wholesaler and then wasted site visits (80 mile round trip) because the customer failed to turn the old heaters off to cool down.

And then to top it all off I dropped one of the small fiddly screws into the unit. As I couldn't locate it I picked the unit up to shake it. In doing so I clacked myself just above the eye!! Face bleeding I carried on. 10 minutes later I stand up after wiring the unit and manage to clack my head on the corner of the unit and so had cut number two on the scalp. Got up this morning with a 'mild' black eye :(

I'm finishing off the 3 phase dis board, finishing the termination of the last few dozen circuits, should be fun haha. Also to @Midwest above the last bit about the smudge made me chuckle I use to be absolutely terrible for that during my first few years never mind smudges I use to put black hand prints all over the ceiling haha not now a day's though.

After making good one of the old down light holes and spending 10 minutes polishing the chrome bezels, and double checking, and asking the customer to have a look, to make sure she was happy, I'm dubious.

I forgot to mention, when I arrived, I found a starling flying around in the house. I spent 20 mins getting it out, and cleaning up the bird pooh (thought I'd do that before it dried hard). When customer came home, she said it probably flew through the vacant hole, left (by me) by the old extract grill. Apparently, they often have birds flying round the loft, and thought one might get through the hole. Why not tell me that then!

:mad:

Yesterday, spent most of the day in a hot dusty, itchy loft, altering extractor fan (previously diy installed), replacing old down lights and switching in a bathroom. Got wet feet, 'cos I had to park me van in a puddle on the drive

Today I'm going back there to make good a tiny hole made by a moving plasterboard nail, they found in an adjoining bedroom and a smudge on the ceiling in the bathroom. Apparently, the homeowner nearly cried.

I love my job :)

Homeowner only Nearly cried ? Come on Midwest, thought you'd learned enough by now to make them cry properly, your obviously not trying hard enough ;):D

Great topic for us nosy people :) @Midwest why didn't your psychic skills know about the birds?? Sounds like that horror film ha.

@richy3333 you sound as clumsy as me. How's the eye now?

For me its admin and emails, some errands to run and tidy the house again.

Typing up the EICR I did yesterday and the accompanying invoice and quote for remedials. Off to see a potential customer at 11am and then producing the quote for that. Pop to Asda to pick up some batteries so I can try out my latest purchases from the toolbox of @Pete999 :)

Oooh and unboxing my CK Dextro VDE Slim screwdrivers which arrived yesterday. Thank you very much @CK Tools . They look lurvely :D

Of to finish the CCTV install I started yesterday, spent 6 hours in a loft sweating like a stuck pig trying get the cat6 to the soffit. Face full of insulation and itchy eyes, todays job is to fit the rj45 plugs. Bit of containment downstairs under the kitchen units where the stack comes out. Should hopefully be finished today if the rain stays away.

Just finished testing this flat in an 18 story redevelopment less than a year old all okay apart from one thing can you spot it.What are you doing/done today 20170518_094001 - EletriciansForums.net

Typing up the EICR I did yesterday and the accompanying invoice and quote for remedials. Off to see a potential customer at 11am and then producing the quote for that. Pop to Asda to pick up some batteries so I can try out my latest purchases from the toolbox of @Pete999 :)

Oooh and unboxing my CK Dextro VDE Slim screwdrivers which arrived yesterday. Thank you very much @CK Tools . They look lurvely :D
Oh hoping mine turn up today :D

Reply to What are you doing/done today in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back