Discuss What are your favourite brand for LED lighting? in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

R

Rob Steele

Hi all just wanted some feedback what your best brands are for LED light bulbs, downlights or related products please?

I have found that Aurora & Robus are the big players in the LED market, be good to get your thoughts in terms of quality and costs.

Cheers Rob (forum rookie)

I've tried most makes and find click scolmore inceptor micro to be the best by a long shot. They come with a click and flow connector already fitted, which speeds the install up no end and they are only 50mm deep so fit in most voids

I've tried most makes and find click scolmore inceptor micro to be the best by a long shot. They come with a click and flow connector already fitted, which speeds the install up no end and they are only 50mm deep so fit in most voids

Thanks for the post, good to get feedback :)

Photonstar make some very very nice fittings.

The ecostar 600 is the small 50W equivalent downlight of theirs which I've never had a problem with.
Their range goes right up to the biggest commercial downlights.

Standard downlights I fit JCC, lamp replacements I use Megaman. If you're working on a tight budget then LEDHut can do you a can and lamp combo for under a tenner that's not too shabby.

But the really fun LED stuff comes in RGBW form, or CREE, at a few hundred pounds per fixture or even a few thousand when you stick it into a stage fixture.

Take a look at this : I Don't Care (The X Factor) - Cheryl - Video Dailymotion to see what can be done with LED's when you try! (Please, do NOT look at the scraggy pathetic attempt to perform from the 'artiste' on stage, just look at the lights.)

Thanks for posting guys, helpful stuff. Haven't heard of JCC brand will check it out.
:)

Really.

Their stuff is excellent and don't forget, when "selling" them to the client that if you are a registered installer, they can have a 10 year warranty (as long as they are logged by serial number on their system).

JCC are great if downlighters, Robus great for surface LED wall lights and also okay for downlighters, JCC are IMO the market leader regarding quality and price combined. Illuma another quality product.

Hi is their a big difference in brightness between Robus or JCCs LEDs?
You need to find out the colour number, for example colour 840 is cool white, if it is a genuine 840 the colour will be the same in any make, a colour rating of 6500 for example is 6500 in any make, you need to ask your wholesale to confirm what lamps these manufactures put into their kit, then you will know if there is a difference in brightness.

I get all my LED lights from light rabbit, I've just had 15 SES LED filament bulbs in warm white, 3w produces 40wv very impressive bulb, very nice colour from them for domestic.

Standard downlights I fit JCC, lamp replacements I use Megaman. If you're working on a tight budget then LEDHut can do you a can and lamp combo for under a tenner that's not too shabby.

But the really fun LED stuff comes in RGBW form, or CREE, at a few hundred pounds per fixture or even a few thousand when you stick it into a stage fixture.

Take a look at this : I Don't Care (The X Factor) - Cheryl - Video Dailymotion to see what can be done with LED's when you try! (Please, do NOT look at the scraggy pathetic attempt to perform from the 'artiste' on stage, just look at the lights.)

arrgh. looked a that. then overlaid the soundtrack with ac/dc's thunderstruck. bloody good laugh. sexy to look at and good sounds.

Reply to What are your favourite brand for LED lighting? in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net