Discuss What can cause an invertor to trip the MCB? in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

There is alot of dodgy mis-selling of SolarEdge going on. It is currently unclear how the protagonists got hold of the names and addresses of people with PV installed. there is a suggrstion that the MCS database may have been hacked. The selling practices are dreadful. Most of the companies involved are not members of RECC and some are not MCS approved installers.

Other companies have been tempted to jump on this band wagon, some of whom should know better.

Only time to ever concider this is when your inverter fails. Even then, unless there are serious issues over shading etc, you would be unlikely to ever make your money back.

SolarEdge is absolutely brilliant kit when used in the right way and installed at the right time. If you want to know how good, just loook at the number of installers and industry professionals have it on their own properties.

The shysters will soon move on to battery storage where the opportunities to mis-sell will be legion.

I'm pretty sure that the databases used were simply built up by the previous cold calling companies who were selling solar who simply recorded every time the person answering the phone told them they weren't interested because they already had a solar system installed.

Reply to What can cause an invertor to trip the MCB? in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net