Discuss What Did You Work On Today? in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Marvo

-
Staff member
Mod
Mentor
Esteemed
Supporter
Reaction score
Thought it might be interesting to see some of the things you guys work on. I had a fairly easy day today, I replaced a borehole pump motor and then removed a water pump that has a leak for repairs in our workshop.

The borehole pump was 80 meters down so we had to pull it out first by hand. Removing the motor is a piece of cake, literally 4x 8mm nuts. New motor on then a resin joint on the supply cable. An hour later after the joint is cured, reconnect pipe, truss everything up like a Christmas turkey with cable straps then back down the hole it goes.

What Did You Work On Today? {filename} | ElectriciansForums.net
Removing the pump.

Resin joint.

This is the dam that the borehole fills, it's half way up a mountain in the middle of nowhere so couldn't resist a quick skinny dip at lunch time to cool off whilst the joint was curing.

Disconnecting and removing the Grundfos pump (on the left of the photo) was all I did this afternoon.

That was it, home by 4pm.

What Did You Work On Today? I1 - EletriciansForums.net

What Did You Work On Today? I2 - EletriciansForums.net

What Did You Work On Today? i3 - EletriciansForums.net

What Did You Work On Today? I4 - EletriciansForums.net

Wow that is some place to work, me been on paperwork all week writing up an 800 circuit EICR. God damn ECA/ELESCA yearly assessment tomorrow.

Wow that is some place to work, me been on paperwork all week writing up an 800 circuit EICR. God damn ECA/ELESCA yearly assessment tomorrow.
Good luck for tomorrow ...
Do you know the guy - or just a random person who will ask if you know Ohms Law?

Must've been pump day today, I did one too. Not so nice as Marvo, just a pool refurb. At least it was outside :)
Cheers Wilko, the Elesca bit is a joke we keep it because some rare jobs need Part P notification, how many this year, two but hey ho life is what you make it.

Paaahhh that's nothing. I spent a several hours, in an extremely warm environment, and also very dry..........someone's itchy loft space.

Spent half an hour trying to drill a core hole with an SDS drill. Then to cap it all, lady of the house said can you fit me new Marks & Sparks light. Took down the old fitting and found this garbage.

What Did You Work On Today? Light - EletriciansForums.net

Still could be worse, could of been up some dusty mountain, being stalked by wild animals :)

am I the only one here on easy Street?
all I was doing was 2nd fixing a flat. The only drama I had was fishing light cables out the ceiling :eek:

Lol, no wild animals today just a couple of tortoises I relocated off the road. We work on a lot of remote bore holes and water pumps, it's work I enjoy doing and something of a niche market we kinda got well known for over the years. It started when I used to work on mining pumps which was an area that was swamped by big national and international players and we ended up doing more and more boreholes which was actually far more profitable for us and much preferable working environment but nobody else seemed particularly interested in at the time.

I worked in a multi million pound injection molding company adding a flood light under the sign, a fire alarm bell for a door bell (in the factory side for deliveries) did install a klaxon as the spec was and i quote "something loud"... way over kill as well as adding two sockets and a work light to five portable benches.
Last time we were there before we installed a car charging point.
Really enjoyed this job. Nice people working there and a nice end result.

Fully automated Concrete Batching Plant, 630 amp supply. The red Buckets that look like an Alton towers ride operate on the mono-rail system that travels through the Factory delivering concrete to various locations, I will update the thread as it progresses.

What Did You Work On Today? 20170407_130245 - EletriciansForums.net

What Did You Work On Today? 20170407_130249 - EletriciansForums.net

What Did You Work On Today? 20170407_130300 - EletriciansForums.net

What Did You Work On Today? 20170407_130303 - EletriciansForums.net

What Did You Work On Today? 20170407_130326 - EletriciansForums.net

What Did You Work On Today? 20170407_130339 - EletriciansForums.net

What Did You Work On Today? 20170407_130358 - EletriciansForums.net

What Did You Work On Today? 20170407_130414 - EletriciansForums.net

What Did You Work On Today? 20170407_130433 - EletriciansForums.net

Now that looks an interesting job. Me back on this big EICR this morning and this afternoon feet up watching second day of Aintree race meeting.

Thursday was pump seal day, was uneventful and finished in under an hour including a quick pressure test so decided to reinstall it a day earlier than planned. All went well, home by 2.30pm.

What Did You Work On Today? IMG_2 - EletriciansForums.net

Reply to What Did You Work On Today? in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock