Discuss What Did You Work On Today? in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

Today was another different pump shutting down on overload. Some muppet already had wound the thermal overload to its max setting but alas it still trips intermittently. Not sure how they missed the burned connections on both the isolator and the L2 on the contactor but apparently they did.

New contactor and isolator fitted, week done so on the golf course by 11AM.

IMG_201.jpg

Well you get good days and bad days, today was more the latter.

1.jpg

Spent half the morning setting up a particularly complex program on a refrigeration controller, it was in a food production unit and a pain in the ---. The whole place was greasy and nastyand the controller had 6 levels of program which was way over-complicated for the job it was doing.

They had a 'while you're here' job with a dough roller which was bought at auction and less than a month old. It had been in use for less than a day and it started smelling of burning. It had never been opened because it had weird security screws and the security labels were still in tact. It was obviously manufactured in the Peoples Republic of Cheapa, I took one look at it and was lost for words. I recommended they scrap it.

Sorry about the picture quality, especially the last one but you can still make out the quality of the welding it was meant to illustrate.

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

Always fun to have something bought from an auction; I was asked to look at a car lift, totally seized and worn out, not worth scrap money.
Whilst you are here jobs are a nuisance:
"can you fix these lights?"
"Well I would if I had known beforehand and brought the parts with me!"
I was scrunched up trying to get along a narrow gap along a loft (plumbers blocking things up again) and I am not small, almost killed me and my arms are itching!

Yep, I also hate those 'whilst you're here' jobs, they usually end up taking longer than the original job they asked for and they usually expect them for free.

That machine pictured above was actually supplied with the fan 'retrofit' from the manufacturers because there wasn't room for the cover to go on the motor with the way it was hard up against the bottom panel. The whole machine looks like it was built in someones garage.

Reply to What Did You Work On Today? in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net