• IMPORTANT: Please note that nobody on this forum should be seeking from or providing advice to those who are not competent and / or trained and qualified in their field (local laws permitting). There is a discussion thread on this global industry-wide matter HERE. This also has more information about the warning with regards to sharing electrical advice in some countries. By using this forum you do so in agreement to this.

Discuss What do you make about this drone at gatwick airport in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Gavin John Hyde

-
Esteemed
Arms
Patron
Reaction score
Sure you have all heard or seen on news somebody has decided to send up a drone over the airport causing chaos.
Makes you wonder who it is? dont think its some loner in his or her bedroom as it is apparently commercial grade. Did wonder if it is some protest group? but no claim to fame by them just yet. Might even be some state sponsored outfit causing mischief.
Either way if they get caught they are getting a few years.
Apparently the police say it is too unsafe to shoot it down due to 'stray' bullets! suggest they get a better marksmen then and use different ammo. Now got the signals folk trying to triangulate the signal to control it.
I think there is a lot lot more that has not been said on the news about this strange case.

They deserve everything they get, it is ruining people's holidays and jobs.
Get em caught, give them a huge fine after calculating the cost of all the disruption and then give them a nice long stint in prison.

Agree, idiots that don’t see the enormity of their consequences. Some may say it’s an overreaction but a drone in an engine could bring a plane with 300 passengers and crew and full tanks of fuel to a very shortened flight time.
I never realised, as well, the number of incidences of laser pointers being pointed at commercial and passenger planes.
These people need to grow up.
They need a comfy sofa with a gas fire and a tv to keep them out of trouble - it works for me!

Agree, idiots that don’t see the enormity of their consequences. Some may say it’s an overreaction but a drone in an engine could bring a plane with 300 passengers and crew and full tanks of fuel to a very shortened flight time.
I never realised, as well, the number of incidences of laser pointers being pointed at commercial and passenger planes.
These people need to grow up.
They need a comfy sofa with a gas fire and a tv to keep them out of trouble - it works for me!

no,they need the birch bringing back,followed by conscription into the armed forces.

Another problem with shooting it down, is in order to get a prosecution the operator has to be caught in the act with the remote that controls the drone.
If it's shot down the operator will just drive off, as I doubt they are stupid enough to do it from a fixed location.

What if they shoot the drone pilot then the ‘dead man switch’ will land the drone safely and the airport can start the planes running again.
Who shall I call with my idea? Is it 999?
Back in a mo!

It’s probably just an Amazon test drone trying to deliver a parcel. Where is your Christmas spirit? If they shoot it down, then somebody’s Wacky Backy won’t be delivered for the festive season.:)

I reckon this is a little more than a bunch of kids mucking about, makes you wonder what would happen if all airports were targeted simultaneously...no 'safe' place to divert, just take on the drones, or crash anyway when the gas runs out...scary stuff.

I 'like' the way they say that the airport's open but there are no flights.
What's the effing point?!?! :confused:

Tin foil hat time, it's obviously not some scrote farting about seeing as they haven't caught anyone yet and now that the Army is getting involved ...

Reply to What do you make about this drone at gatwick airport in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back