Discuss What do you make about this drone at gatwick airport in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

With GPS and long range antennas on the higher end drones, the perp could program the coordinates for the airport from the comfort of their sweaty arm chair and their mum as an alibi (even though she still thinks he’s a dweeb!)
Only thing that’ll give him away is an eye witness seeing it return to the roof of his tower block or his back garden - Big Brother is watching you!

I believe you but the only thing I don’t believe is that sky, looks like a gentle breeze to go along with it!
You could go off people, you know!
As I said in a recent previous thread, it’s dangerous to make assumptions ;) PS those are my legs and that was my beer :D

Another problem with shooting it down, is in order to get a prosecution the operator has to be caught in the act with the remote that controls the drone.
If it's shot down the operator will just drive off, as I doubt they are stupid enough to do it from a fixed location.
Forensics are pretty good if you touch something metal without gloves, even wiping your prints away doesnt work. The oils and chemicals on your fingertip leave a residue that can be used to retrieve prints.
If its petrol powered as some have hinted in news then fuel can be tracked to batches via chemical markers and stations.
Forensics is quite scary

Forensics are pretty good if you touch something metal without gloves, even wiping your prints away doesnt work. The oils and chemicals on your fingertip leave a residue that can be used to retrieve prints.
If its petrol powered as some have hinted in news then fuel can be tracked to batches via chemical markers and stations.
Forensics is quite scary
Yep, all that will take about 43 minutes on TV but about 6 weeks in real life!

I know somebody in crawley which is half a mile from gatwick.
Took his dog out for walk tonight and says there are quite a few folk from the military and 'security services out'. He is ex forces himself and says you know who they are as they have ear pieces in and still half swing arms when walking! Stands out a mile.
Still think there is more to this than is being let on by the powers that be.its a good chance for the boffins to use there new toys to bring it down.

Reply to What do you make about this drone at gatwick airport in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock