Discuss What do you make about this drone at gatwick airport in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Jeremy Hunt's wife is Chinese/Japanese.

My other brother has been living in the Mayfair hotel for this last few months.

Ever feel like the family black sheep o_O
In a weathered sleeping bag by the heater vents next to the emergency doors at the back doesn't count ;o)))))

Went to school with a Michael Hunt..........

In a weathered sleeping bag by the heater vents next to the emergency doors at the back doesn't count ;o)))))

Went to school with a Michael Hunt..........
I used to race against a fella called James Hunt ......

a) New law ,
b) distraction ,
c) something worst than brexit (maybe) ,
d) upsetting pilots building a "new Union" ...
..another maybe..
e) Another country turning the Brexit Thumbscrews .. (Loners are dangerous..
Kickem when they are down -opportunism .. to make look bad = working)
--Will we ever find out ..??

Been working for a client of mine at her house which is under the flight path about half a mile or so from the runway this morning. Plain clothes unmarked car parked up half on the verge and half on the road with his radio mounted on his dashboard. About as subtle as a pork pie in a synagogue.
Nice to hear the SBS are still on form though after sorting out that cargo ship and stowaways on the Thames last night.

Sure you have all heard or seen on news somebody has decided to send up a drone over the airport causing chaos.
Makes you wonder who it is? dont think its some loner in his or her bedroom as it is apparently commercial grade. Did wonder if it is some protest group? but no claim to fame by them just yet. Might even be some state sponsored outfit causing mischief.
Either way if they get caught they are getting a few years.
Apparently the police say it is too unsafe to shoot it down due to 'stray' bullets! suggest they get a better marksmen then and use different ammo. Now got the signals folk trying to triangulate the signal to control it.
I think there is a lot lot more that has not been said on the news about this strange case.

Can't they just block the signal?

Looks like a middle-aged couple. Eco-warriors maybe?
A 47-year-old man and 54-year-old woman from Crawley are being questioned in connection with multiple drone sightings that brought Gatwick Airport to a standstill.

You’d like to think so but what I’ve experienced with Surrey and Sussex Police I think their senior management will be more worried about their image and next press release rather that solving the actual problem.

You mean they'll give the airport a crime reference number for insurance purposes ?

Indeed, however they are clearly obsessive to the point of being mentally ill and likely to do a third of their sentence with impeccable behaviour, get out and re-offend.
And while inside, their friends can use drones to provide drugs and mobiles

They deserve everything they get, it is ruining people's holidays and jobs.
Get em caught, give them a huge fine after calculating the cost of all the disruption and then give them a nice long stint in prison.

Or anything else like hanging by the testicles, firing them off in a cannon and taking pot shots at them flying through the air. Neither putting them in prison.
Over 110k passengers missed their flights costing the airlines, insurance companies a few million plus the loss of holiday days encountered by individuals.
My solution is to tie them to a financial commitment such a mortagage/ load for the rest of their lives. Nowhere to run because their passports will be held in perpetuity of repayment.
It should not cost the tax payer more to punish or confine.

Reply to What do you make about this drone at gatwick airport in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock