Discuss what documents should be completed after initial veritication? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

I'm getting fed up of flippant comments on this forum making out I'm a **** electrician. So thank you all for making me feel **** and doubting my ability

Seriously??? Minor works.
"this minor works certificate can be used for the reporting on the condition of an alteration, addition or the INSTALLATION OF A NRW CIRCUIT TO AN EXISTING INSTALLATION and where the work has been carried out by a Competent Person'

taken straight off the notes on back of the form

He added a ring circuit?? Are you sure minor works Kate?

"this minor works certificate can be used for the reporting on the condition of an alteration, addition or the INSTALLATION OF A NRW CIRCUIT TO AN EXISTING INSTALLATION and where the work has been carried out by a Competent Person'

Gosh, a new one on me. Is it a NICEIC form, as they think they make the rules!!

Yea I'm 100% sure because I rang NAPIT and asked not so long ago. A new circuit is a new circuit whether its a ring or a radial

Have you been drinking tonight by any chance, Kate?

dont go there.
just dont.
;-)

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm getting fed up of flippant comments on this forum making out I'm a **** electrician. So thank you all for making me feel **** and doubting my ability

and spitting your dummy out in public makes you look a pro ?
you were wrong , accept it and move on.
preferably in a mature manner.

'The MWIC is intended to be used only for an addition or alteration to an existing circuit that does not extend to the addition of a new circuit'

Stated on the back of NICEIC MWIC.

TBH I have never known a MWC to be used for the addition of a new circuit. NAPIT obviously permit it on their MWC so if they stand by it then I don't have a problem. What does it say in the BGB regarding this (mines in work lol)

Without stepping into an argument, and fair play to Kate for showing the photo evidence - i can't understand/believe why Napit would contradict GN3 like that.

I know GN3 is non-stat but still, i use that as my bible when it comes to the in's and out's of testing.

It states 'single circuit electrical certificate'

Never seen that before on a MWIC

Check the regs' I think appendix 6 -- 'Minor electrical installation works certificate'

Reply to what documents should be completed after initial veritication? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net