Discuss What effect pere fase can i take out from a 27 kva generator? in the Canada area at ElectriciansForums.net

L

lazat

HI

I'm about to buy a generator but i don't understand how to read the specifications on it.

The generator is marked with 27 kva, 41 Amps, its a 3 fase generator.

Power is 230/400V.

The load i need to attach to the genset is:

1. one 3fase "active" UPS on 15 kva (Riello rt15)
2. one aircondition but its only on one fase. (max current 10 Amp)

If i measure current in the power central I get
L1: 10 amps
L2: 10 amps
L3: 20 amps

When i run my ac i get 20 amps on L3 and 10 amps on the other fases. Will a generator at 27 kva fix this or sould i buy one bigger? If a generator is marked with 41 amps Is that what the totaly effect on all 3 fases or is it per fase 41 amps?

41amps is your max line current approx

i'm not that familiar with gennys but your figures seem correct-your well within limits although it's imbalanced

27KVA @ unity power factor will give you about 40A per phase.

Obviously the type of loading you run i.e resistive or inductive will have an effect on that but with the loads you are running there shouldn't be an issue. As for the imbalance, although best not to have sometimes is unavoidable but again in this instance shouldn't be too much of an issue.

My only concern about the generator / UPS combo would be what the charging current would be to recharge the batteries from a deep discharge state. The worry here would be that the combination of the load required for the UPS end user + that to recharge the batteries could exceed the generator maximum. From the looks of the brochure linked,this charging current could probably be set on the unit itself so as never to cause an issue.

Fingers crossed you would never encounter this, but it may be something to consider.

Reply to What effect pere fase can i take out from a 27 kva generator? in the Canada area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock