Discuss What fuel will your vehicle be using in 5 years.... in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

What fuel will your vehicle be using

• Diesel

Votes: 21 52.5%
  • Petrol

Votes: 4 10.0%
  • Electric

Votes: 9 22.5%
  • Hybrid

Votes: 3 7.5%
  • Other

Votes: 3 7.5%

• Total voters
China does it's share of polluting too.
We are just as guilty buying their cheaper overhead products.
If you want to see pollution at it's worst, then take a holiday to what was the USSR, never in my life did I see so much pollution from personal motor cars to the state run central boiler installation, foul smelling smokes, etc.

In japan they are experimenting with a inductive charging system so that the vehicle charges as it goes around the rounds and parks, or is stopped at lights etc... you can charge the car fully at home and then when out and about the inductive system keeps it topped up. the video i saw showed a car being charged with a pad on the driveway..
so if it works well you could have a system where the roads have a network of inductive chargers built in and charge as you go...

put the electric cars on rails like tube trains. then all the bowler hat brigade can have their own personal transport.

5 years the same as now , I went on a ups training course the other week apparently battery technology is coming on leaps and bounds ,with a lot of money being invested in making a super battery ( will it ever happen ????)
10-20 years who knows
If the electric car does take over there would be a massive change in the industry
Petrol stations ???
Garages , would these electric only cars be pretty maintaince free ???
But for now I love our petrol and diesel vehicles

5 years the same as now , I went on a ups training course the other week apparently battery technology is coming on leaps and bounds ,with a lot of money being invested in making a super battery ( will it ever happen ????)
10-20 years who knows
If the electric car does take over there would be a massive change in the industry
Petrol stations ???
Garages , would these electric only cars be pretty maintaince free ???
But for now I love our petrol and diesel vehicles

The worlds concentration,will be on who has the water,food and oil (yes,it is not just for fuel) :) this will give little time or importance to issues such as animal cruelty,thus finally allowing me to place in to production,my guinea pigs-in-a wheel powered van,together with a 250GP powered generator,at home.

Brian May might well be cross...but he'll have to walk here,to tell me :D

As long as we still have the caravan, we will need a diesel car, although I'd prefer a petrol as diesels now are so complex with so many things to go wrong and short journeys don't do them any good.

As long as we still have the caravan, we will need a diesel car, although I'd prefer a petrol as diesels now are so complex with so many things to go wrong and short journeys don't do them any good.
try telling that to my toyota hiace. just passed yet another MOT @ 189,000 miles. in the 2½ years i've had it, i've spent a total of £60 ( oil & filter ) .

What year is it? You've been lucky with that then, I bought a 2006 vw Passat 1.9tdi with 140k about 2 years ago. All the internet forums said go for 1.9tdi, will last till 300k, run forever....mine lasted about a month then went into limp mode with black smoke billowing out...egr valve clogged, turbo on its way out, injectors failing. Drove lovely when 1st seen it, Guess I was unlucky.

Reply to What fuel will your vehicle be using in 5 years.... in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net