Discuss What happens on a NICEIC assessment in the Certification NICEIC, NAPIT, Stroma, BECSA Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Gavin John Hyde

-
Esteemed
Arms
Patron
Reaction score
Just come across this video on you tube on thomas nagy's feed, we often get people asking about joining a scheme - usually competent persons rather than approved contractor and this video might be useful for some of you wondering about what happens,
I am guessing the niceic jumped at the chance for this free publicity and pr opportunity!

Is this the guy that removes DNO fuses for isolation regardless of the rules?
I think a large number of members have had visits from the seal fairy and been partial to a bit of fuse pulling here and there.
I always risk assess it by age,condition etc then the fairy arrives. There are rules and then there is the real world. sometimes I will call the DNO again its a judgement call.

It might make a curious householder think twice about pulling that strange black thing out of the wall!
Technically you may have broken the law by removing supplier seal in first place, but at least if you leave it resealed then it's no less safe than before the arrival of the fairy!

make sure you have lo-cal sweetener for the assessors tea. them lardbutts need to be on a diet.

my coffee making machine is having her afternoon nap. got to manage with beer atm.

Opened hundreds of DNO fuse holders, how else can I put my hand on my heart and declare the type and rating of the fuse in my reports and certificates?

Had I not done so I would not have discovered the piece of pipe cut to fit in place of the DNO fuse.

Reply to What happens on a NICEIC assessment in the Certification NICEIC, NAPIT, Stroma, BECSA Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock