Discuss What have you been blamed for ?? in the Industrial Electricians' Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net

Got blamed for leaving dirty foot prints all over a customer's bed. I pointed out that I'm a size 10, and was wearing (as usual) dewalt apprentice boots - these so-called foot prints on her duvet cover were half the size and obviously from a pair of trainers, as in one of the prints you could clearly see the letters adida........

I once went to a new clients property. And while discussing the works to be done, asked to see the previous periodic inspection report. The client franticly searched but could not find it. Then accused me of stealing it. He couldn’t comprehend the gravity of his physics defying imagination. It didn’t help that the apprentice and me were rolling around the floor in stitches.

once kicked the gauge off one of the nuclear systems in a rage and then got blamed for all other unaccounted for damage caused by every thing and any thing including a bunk light been broken!!

Did a big AV setup in a local sports bar, very complicated 8 screens 6 sat boxes, DVD players, karaoke, list goes, all run through digital matrix unit. Got a call from the owner telling me it was crap, it was so complicated he couldnt even get the TV's to switch on (staff had managed fine for the last 2 weeks) anyway got there he instantly grabs remote and starts pointing it at the three main tv's whilst shouting abuse. He must have felt crap when i turned him round and showed him the DVD drawer going in and out....................wrong remote what a plonker.

I installed a new shower for an old dear who called me back a few days later to tell me that there was not enough electricity getting into her flat any more because her kettle was taking longer than usual to boil , and it was ok before I touched it !

I installed a new shower for an old dear who called me back a few days later to tell me that there was not enough electricity getting into her flat any more because her kettle was taking longer than usual to boil , and it was ok before I touched it !
must be the new shower stealing all the electrons

Creeping along in a Town Center traffic jam, apprentice driving, as they like to do, head on swivels, girl watching, he runs into the back of the car in front.
Very low impact, we got out to inspect the damage, hardly any, broke the number plate on our transit, knocked a large amount of rust flakes off the underside of the car in front, a really old Sierra on it's last gasp, we all had a look, couldn't see anything, owner said no problem so we apologized and left it at that, bought a new number plate to keep the boss happy and forgot about it.
A month later, in the office, got called into the interrogation room,

"What's this about the crash you've had"?
what crash?
"Well only the crash where you wrote this guys car off, injured his wife, and wouldn't give him
your insurance details"

The guy was claiming for a new car and damages for his wife ( who wasn't even in his car) ????

Luckily our Boss was a good guy and saw the funny side of it when we showed him the old number plate that was still in the van, but I believe it caused him a bit of grief before it was done.
So don't forget to fill your accident reports in, never know who you're going to run into.

best one was Wifes pals boyfriend emailed my mrs saying Id been having an affair with her pal for years quoting a day Id been working away n long hours We had just been checking through bank statement and i had used my card god knows howmany times that day lol He had sent similar email to a few of the girls friends one who had just had a baby and others NUMPTY (I wouldnt give her one anyways shes way to skinny Id be feart she would break

So far today
1: letting the cat catch a bird
2: blocking the Hoover ( been nowhere near it )
3:making her loose an earing
4:letting the cat put said bird behind fridge
5:making her late for hair appointment
Ive been in about half an hour and stuck in the office - and in not moving!

bugsy, it's early yet. plenty of time fot 5 more.

Getting her pregnant
“You wanted a kid”
“That was before I knew what it’s like being pregnant”
I went for a vasectomy a month after my son was born!

I fixed a light in a ladies WC in an ediburgh Tax office. 2 hours later i got the boss on the phoning asking me why HMRC were complaining i had installed spy cams above the female showers!

Turns out it was the on site maintenance guy stirring it I dont think he is there anymore

Reply to What have you been blamed for ?? in the Industrial Electricians' Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net