Discuss what is this switch for ABB in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Mccb 160amp used for supplying Distribution boards amongst other things.

Yep we fit their Artu Panel Boards on all our jobs, as above its an MCCB rated at 125A. The 160A as referred to at the top is the max breaking capacity in that range of MCCB's.

Last edited by a moderator:
Is that photo just a general image for the catalogue, or an actual part?
Seems odd the switch has a yellow tripped position, unless the test button trips it off in the same way an optional shunt trip module would if one was fitted. I haven't used much ABB.

Well, it's from a catalogue, which describes it as an MCCB.
By the way, is 'molded' an Americanism, I've always thought 'moulded'

This is a switch disconnector, you can tell this straight away from the electrical symbol in the top right hand corner of the device. I believe the D in T1D stands for disconnector.

The test button as per all ABB Tmax switchgear is for an additional service release accessory if fitted.

This is NOT a circuit breaker.

Not quite no. It's a switch disconnector to EN 60947-3. It can however have service release accessories fitted. Residual current release, shunt release and undervoltage release.

Overcurrent protection is afforded by a circuit breaker to EN 60947-2. The Tmax range of circuit breakers can also have service release accessories fitted.

Was at a job where these had been used in a main panel for over current protection to for distribution circuits but as others have said its just a switch , We had the job of replacing them for the correct MCCBs , as I remember they looked the same except for the switched fuse symbol and BS number .

Reply to what is this switch for ABB in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi guys, I am new to the forum so be nice! I have this ABB (now Fimer)PVS-100TL 100kW inverter which cut off if there is too much solar...
Replies
Views
First, sorry if I'm not in the correxct thread. I'm trying to replace an old switch with a WIFI switch and cannot seem to do it right. There are...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, newbie posting! Does the following sound ok... Existing circuit: SOCKET on a ring -> spur to SWITCHED 3A FCU -> SWITCH -> hardwired FAN...
Replies
Views
Evening Gents just after a bit of advice and what would you do differently. I have wired up 3 kw heaters in 4mm tuff cable (40 meter distance...
Replies
Views
I've just been to a job to replace a burned out switch where the customer supplied his own Arlec dimmer switch. During a dull moment, I read the...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock