Discuss what is under voltage trip? in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

With regards to what?, you can get voltage monitor devices which will trip if the voltage drops too far.... also coils in contactors and relays will work within a set voltage range if your voltage drops below this then it will fail to hold the contactor in and drop out....
Not sure exactly what your after here but its kind of 'does what it says on the tin' voltage too low or disappears then device trips.

Last edited:
These devices are normally protection relays used in all sorts of situations. We also use them on our main MV and LV Auto switchboards on the main incomers. Most incorporate a time delay, both on loss of voltage and on resumption of supply voltage. Another use, is for auto start-up of stand-by generators to take over power suppy on loss of main power...

As i said, they have many uses and used throughout the industry, but mainly in the industrial and larger commercial sectors....

Just to add to the other 2 replies, there is also Under Voltage Protection. This is where the voltage, for whatever reason has dropped, and as a result the machine for example has stopped working. When the voltage is restored, the machine must not restart automatically, there must be some sort of human intervention to restart the machine, i,e a start button. A good example of this is an E stop, i know an E stop has nothing to do with undervoltage, but if you push it in, the voltage drops, and the machine stops, when you pull it out, the machine will not restart until you press the start button.

Cheers..........Howard

Reply to what is under voltage trip? in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock