Discuss What multi function test meter? in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

K

Kathir.Sris

Hi all,
I am attending a Competence in Testing course and that course requires for me to take my own test equipment. Can anyone kindly recommend a reasonably priced multi-function test meter that meets all the tests for 17th edition please?

Many Thanks

Kathir, doesn't your company own a Multi Function tester? as they are not cheap about £500 : and upwards, what course are you taking? Surely your company must have one being an Electrical Services company.

Last edited:
Hello Pete, The Company was registered only a month ago as a new starter and just building up slowly. I am just in the process of registering with one of the organisation that provides Electrical competent Person Scheme, I am attending "Competence in the installation and testing of Electrotechnical systems" recommended by this organisation.

It depends on what tests you will need to do.
The cheapest tester from the forum sponsor test-meter.co.uk is the Seaward Powertest 1557 Part P Tester at £299+vat but it does not do phase rotation or RCD ramp tests.
The next one is Metrel MI3125 Eurotest Combo Lite at £329+vat that does most of the tests you are likely to need.
However it depends if you want a long term tester or just one for the assessment.
If this is a one off and you are planning on getting a quality tester later then it might be more economical to hire one for a week.

Hello Pete, The Company was registered only a month ago as a new starter and just building up slowly. I am just in the process of registering with one of the organisation that provides Electrical competent Person Scheme, I am attending "Competence in the installation and testing of Electrotechnical systems" recommended by this organisation.
Thanks Mate, just out of interest how long does this course run for? I only ask because I suppose it boils down to what sort of work you intend to focus on once you are up and running. Any how good luck, hope it works out for you.

Richard, As I want one for a long term use and I want to invest in a good one.
I looked at the Metrel MI3125 Eurotest Combo Lite and also Metrel MI3100SE Eurotest Easi. Any suggestion?

Pete, I already have Level 4 equal of C& G qualification and 17th edition C&G certificate. I have several years Electrical Engineering, Tel Com and IT infrastructure Engineering experience. Now want to come out of the stressful environment and go back to electrical work :0

Reply to What multi function test meter? in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock