Discuss What percentage of Sparks voted Brexit? in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

I voted stay.
In the 1970s Britain voted to join the EEC, which was a mutually beneficial trade bloc. Since then it's evolved into the European Union, who want to control everything from the shape of the vegetables we buy to the wattage of vacuum cleaner we use, to the ability to be able to wake up one morning and go and work in a country where they speak a different language.

The argument for leaving seemed to be that the EU had lost direction of it's original purpose and was no longer beneficial, and the cost of propping it up could be better spent elsewhere.
The argument for staying seemed to be that if you vote to leave then you're a "racist" and a "bigot".
It’s not quite true, is it?
Junk the statement about the EU wanting to control the shape of vegetables.

I voted out because the EU said my new toaster had to be a lower wattage which took longer to toast and just made stale bread...

Bring back higher wattage toasters!!!
We’ll be lucky if we have any electricity to power the toasters in the first place ;)

Out and would vote out again if it comes to it, the next few years may be chaotic at times but in a several years we will prosper for this decision. the EU may play hard ball but in a couple of years there will be a comprehensive trade deal as they have too much to loose themselves. I don't like the fact the EU can make laws that impact us which not one of our MEP's voted for or our parliament did not pass.
I also do not see the EU lasting beyond 2030 as there is too many issues and grievances coming through with immigration, the euro and the eastern bloc not liking the eu dictating them and telling them how to run things. we wont be the last country to leave.

I voted out and would do so again in a heartbeat.

I'm sure it's not going to be plain sailing, but the way the EU has been conducting itself since has only cemented my view that we will be better off out of it.

Personally as soon as they started their 'negotiation' with demands for cash, I think I would have just walked away and resorted to WTO trade rules. Not ideal, but what's being forgotten is that we, as a member, have a stake in some seriously valuable real estate. Are they going to pay us rent on the portion that our contributions helped build? I don't think so.

I voted remain and would do so again.

If you look at how tax is spent our portion to the EU budget wasn't that much really.

I'm for the free movement of people within Europe so immigration wasn't an issue for me also most of the immigration we have is from outside Europe anyway.

Having said that, the result was leave, I respect it and we should now do just that, for better or worse.

Out.

The very first and probably only vote I’ll make. Probably wouldn’t have bothered without a helpful prod from LBC presenter Sheila Fogarty, on one of her many sycophantic monologues in support of immigration and the EU she listed all the services she pays for from lovely hard working Eastern Europeans from hair dresser to gardener to builders.

It then dawned on me that all the people telling me to vote remain had a massive vested interest in maintaining the status quo, they were seeing all the financial benefits while, being working class, we we acting the price.

In short they get cheaper stuff and we get lower wages, higher housing costs and overstretched public services.

Made me think, why should I vote for lower wages just so some radio bint can get a cheaper extension.

Hi guys,

This may have been done before, and to be honest I can’t be bothered to check. I was just wondering whether what percentage of you voted Brexit and what percentage didn’t?

I read all this stuff about what type of person voted out and what type voted in but the people I meet on in the trades all voted out. So is it a trade based opinion?

Thoughts would be welcome.

Mark the Spark

I'm trying to work out what being an electrician, has got to do with being representative of being judgemental of whether we should stay or remain?

In, ohh dunno out, perhaps stay, then again Brexit. Cripes what about hard exit perhaps remain. Should I ask a plumber, or a builder or perhaps Trump; we can still sue 'em.

I'll let you know in 10 years, or should we just wait and see. Its all about lies, down right lies & statistics :)

I voted remain, thinking any problems that were there could be sorted out without leaving. Really, is brexit going to solve immigration crisis? Don’t think so.
And FYI, I voted for Scotland to stay part of the UK in that “once in a lifetime” referendum that the Nats want to have another one. Sorry, but I’m still alive and I’ve had my referendum thanks.

The endless discussions and debates now all stink of mp’s creating work for themselves with numerous committees, trips to Europe and mindless snippets of drivel on the news.

At least theresa may has the black Americans on her side. How else would you explain the massive chains round her neck? Last time I saw someone wear that much heavy chain on tv it was b.a burracus.

Anyone recommend a good generator for a domestic supply. I’m off grid when it comes to water and heating. Would be good to have a back up generator for the pending power cuts. PS anyone know much about keeping chickens and pigs. :rolleyes:

Reply to What percentage of Sparks voted Brexit? in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock