Discuss What programme to create electrical layout drawings?? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Jon G

-
Reaction score
Hi

I'm looking for a reasonably priced or free programme that I can upload layout drawings to and then be able to insert electrical symbols (i.e sockets, switches, lights etc).

I've been searching high and low but can't seem to find anything thats not around £1000.

Thanks!

There is no cheap way if you want to do it properly, if you want to do it like a DIYer then good luck lol, Auto Cad is the way forward, and it is the industry standard.

There is no cheap way if you want to do it properly, if you want to do it like a DIYer then good luck lol, Auto Cad is the way forward, and it is the industry standard.

Bit late to the party, but just in case someone is looking now, Visio with Electra 8 available for 30 day trial on the web, personally I did my layout in Pages/Word, it was just the circuit diagram I used Visio for.

Only available for 64 bit applications, so not for old systems that still use Windows 7.

Having looks around at a few of the CAD packages, most are 64-bit anyway.

But you can probably buy a cheap-ish laptop to use the RS-sponsored "free" version and still be cheaper than buying most other dedicated CAD packages!

I am more than happy With Visio, especially the free 30 day version, then there is the Legrand layout software that's also free, and the Hager label software that it free as well, all available as 32 or 64 bit.
[automerge]1584439337[/automerge]
Example of the free version of Visio.

Attachments

• Electric layout English Rev G.jpg
    111 KB · Views: 20

Reply to What programme to create electrical layout drawings?? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hello All, I have just found out that a family member who is having some Building work done has been advised to insulate above the Kitchen...
Replies
Views
Looking for a bit of advice from the wider audience / those who may have done similar before. I entered the game a bit later / in a non...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Just to be clear, I'm not looking for advice on upgrading but rather just clarification of our existing setup. We need to upgrade the...
Replies
Views
I'm looking for suggestions, please (as a retired electrician but still active in the voluntary sector). The scenario is a group of 4 log cabins...
Replies
Views
Hey all, I'm looking for some advice to help me troubleshoot my strange issue with my consumer unit/fuse board on which my RCD keeps tripping...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock