Discuss What should i do with this one? in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

yep...all sounds familiar does this one....leigh n I had the same sort of verbal diarrhea from some stupid bint on the end of the phone just the other week.....and she didn`t stop there either....went on to intimidate the customer n all.....thing is though ..DNOs have a responsibility to maintain a reliable, stable earth for THEIR apperatus.....the fact that they will allow it to be used for a means of earthing a consumers installation could be taken as goodwill....or something like that.....but the way they behave when they just dont want to see to something is abominable.....like this scenareo we had where i pointed out to the DNO opprative that the blanks were missing on the cutout and the fact that the CUTOUT (DNO property) had no means of earthing......."not our responsibility"!! he snapped....oh yes it is pal....i thought......bloody pain they are......leigh`s had loads of nonsense with em....

yep...all sounds familiar does this one....leigh n I had the same sort of verbal diarrhea from some stupid bint on the end of the phone just the other week.....and she didn`t stop there either....went on to intimidate the customer n all.....thing is though ..DNOs have a responsibility to maintain a reliable, stable earth for THEIR apperatus.....the fact that they will allow it to be used for a means of earthing a consumers installation could be taken as goodwill....or something like that.....but the way they behave when they just dont want to see to something is abominable.....like this scenareo we had where i pointed out to the DNO opprative that the blanks were missing on the cutout and the fact that the CUTOUT (DNO property) had no means of earthing......."not our responsibility"!! he snapped....oh yes it is pal....i thought......bloody pain they are......leigh`s had loads of nonsense with em....

I didn't say it (for fear of being laughed at for being a mere trainee DI if I'm honest) but I thought it was the DNO responsibility to provide the earth for their kit (ie: before the fuse)

I didn't say it (for fear of being laughed at for being a mere trainee DI if I'm honest) but I thought it was the DNO responsibility to provide the earth for their kit (ie: before the fuse)
It's their responsibility to maintain an earth facility if they have provided one mate

Reply to What should i do with this one? in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net