Discuss what size wire do i need for welder in garage in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

last bit of that i did was 1966, apprenticeship time.making a steel toolbox.

Mine was in 1992 a little bit after yours Telectric lol but strangely mine to was making a steel toolbox which was thankfully stolen by some thieving herbert. I just wished at the time that they left my tools contained inside on the workbench and took the box on its own.

I still have a sapphire torch and pipes. No bottles now though , I still have access to all the gear though . Even my favorite 'hot spanner'.

Are you sure you need 200 welding amps? If so then yes you're going to need to upgrade the supply to the garage. It might work out cheaper and easier to get a welder/generator kit.
Unless you are convinced you need that sort of welding amps the simplest solution would likely be one of the smaller setups that will run off a std 13a socket. Typically you'll get up to 130 to 150 welding amps on a MIG with a plug on it.

Reply to what size wire do i need for welder in garage in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Client currently has a DB in his outhouse. It feeds a pool pump and an air source heat pump. It is currently being supplied using a 4mm T&E cable...
Replies
Views
DIYer question. I have a 32 amp supply going from consumer unit in garage to kitchen. It supplies an induction hob only. The cable is easily...
Replies
Views
Currently, I have a side garage port (with a garage door, but open on the garden side) supplied by a 2.5mm2 radial circuit. The plan is to convert...
Replies
Views
TNC-S main supply with 16mm swa supplying garage consumer unit from main consumer unit in house, then 4mm swa supplying pond equipment through...
Replies
Views
Evening everyone . Currently looking at pricing a job up . It’s a hot tub supply . Outside socket with a few spare ways in an outdoor cu . 10mm...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock