Discuss What software can sort this ???? in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

B

Billynm

Location: Shop........ Incoming supply : 2 Phase (yes realy 2 phase)....... DB : 8 way 3 phase..... Problem = Software only shows 1L1, 1L2, 1L3. Should show : 1L1, 1L1, 1L3 etc... Amtech does not understand !!

Can you not leave it blank, print it off and fill it in by hand? Then scan and send as it is more than likely a 1 off, maybe initial the parts filled in by hand.

Can you not leave it blank, print it off and fill it in by hand? Then scan and send as it is more than likely a 1 off, maybe initial the parts filled in by hand.
Can't do that, it's for the company that i work for (at the moment). I've finished the report and sent it to them for verification, hapily it's their problem now. I used to like 2008 Amtech but 2012 is a damn nightmare, crashing all the time. Cheers

Yh 2012 is crap nothing but problems when I try and create PdF fails ever other time sit on the phone to there support team and they uninstall it and still doesn't fix the problem think might use the NICEIC website new one when its up ad running sorry couldn't help

Yh 2012 is crap nothing but problems when I try and create PdF fails ever other time sit on the phone to there support team and they uninstall it and still doesn't fix the problem think might use the NICEIC website new one when its up ad running sorry couldn't help
Tysoft Easy Cert is doing a free 14 day trial, i've tried it and its everything that Amtech isn't. I use Amtech 8 hours a day 5 days a week, when it's not crashing it's freezing.

It sounds like the un-installer might be the appropriate software for Amtech! :devil2: I also switched to Tysoft when BS7671 Amendment 1 came in, because I thought their programming had got lazy and error strewn.

Billy,

Am I missing something here? You can't seriously be suggesting having two different circuits both called 1L1.

The software shouldn't let you do that - as indeed it appears it isn't.

Thats exactly what it is, perhaps it should be: 1L1, 1L1A, 1L3 ??? who knows?. All I know is that 1L1 & 1L2 are the same phase...

I may be alone in thinking this, but I would suggest you stick to the designations of 1L1, 1L2, 1L3, 2L1, 2L2, etc. Then put a note on the front of the DB stating that L1 and L2 are the same supply phase.

It will never be a problem unless someone comes along and tries to add a 3-phase device - and if they can't work out that there aren't 3 different phases then they shouldn't be doing the work.

Just curious, but what made you decide you have L1 and L3? What's to say you haven't got L2 and L3, or L1 and L2?

Does it have a 3-phase meter, or two single phase jobbies?

I may be alone in thinking this, but I would suggest you stick to the designations of 1L1, 1L2, 1L3, 2L1, 2L2, etc. Then put a note on the front of the DB stating that L1 and L2 are the same supply phase.

It will never be a problem unless someone comes along and tries to add a 3-phase device - and if they can't work out that there aren't 3 different phases then they shouldn't be doing the work.

Just curious, but what made you decide you have L1 and L3? What's to say you haven't got L2 and L3, or L1 and L2?

Does it have a 3-phase meter, or two single phase jobbies?

It had red phase and blue phase connected to the main DB, can't remember what meter was there..

Reply to What software can sort this ???? in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net