Discuss What software do you use? in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

T

th_walking_dude

Hi Folks

I'm getting fed up of writing all my forms out twice because I have the writing of a 4 year old. Also not naturally the most organised of people so thinking it will be easier for me to get some software. Not to mention it will be more professional!

I'd ideally like something I can use on Windows and Android, however if it was only windows that wouldn't be a problem.

I've looked at Tysoft Easycert, looks good but £225.00 for the android compatible version makes me wince a little.

What do you guys use and how do you rate it?

Many Thanks...

Are you in a scheme? NAPIT provide their certs as fillable and save-able PDFs free of charge. Other schemes not so sure of tho.... £200+ is a lot of dough, you could probably take a day off work and make up your own. Though tweaking them would take a lil longer.

Are you in a scheme? NAPIT provide their certs as fillable and save-able PDFs free of charge. Other schemes not so sure of tho.... £200+ is a lot of dough, you could probably take a day off work and make up your own. Though tweaking them would take a lil longer.

I am, for my sins I am an Elecsa member, as far as I can see £18.00 buys me a book of paper forms. So unlike a scheme to be taking the pee!

Tempted to put my girlfriend on the job as she is an excel wizkid but I want all certs + PAT & emergency lighting. Don't think she's like me too much.

I have found a section on another forum that sells the forms in editable form for £3 (for 5 forms) but they're not coming though yet, maybe their a dmin are in bed!

Thanks for the advice though mate

Libre office spreadsheet with a EICR/certificate template (took me 2 days to make it, basically typed a template certificate from OSG into a spreadsheet).
No fancy bits but seems to work.
Another templates for quotes, shopping lists etc...
Free.

I am using NAPIT Desktop on trail at the moment and its brilliant, keeps your customers and clients details and sets reminders for re-test depending how long you said for next inspection

Libre office spreadsheet with a EICR/certificate template (took me 2 days to make it, basically typed a template certificate from OSG into a spreadsheet).
Free.

But it took you 2 days to make.

BS7671 has a bunch of forms that you can use to construct templates.

A lot of my work involves electrical calculations. Power factor, harmonics, efficiency, etc so I make my own rather than calculate from first principles every time.

Free.

But it took you 2 days to make.

I did something similar. I'm not constrained by what someone else thinks should or should not be on the form, there are no annual maintenance fees or delays waiting for reg change updates, and mine does the calculations and verification that I need.

As for the time it took, I didn't turn down any paid work to free up the time, and would probably have wasted it on here or watching the loony lantern...

I did something similar. I'm not constrained by what someone else thinks should or should not be on the form, there are no annual maintenance fees or delays waiting for reg change updates, and mine does the calculations and verification that I need.

As for the time it took, I didn't turn down any paid work to free up the time, and would probably have wasted it on here or watching the loony lantern...

Well you've got my respect for that, It's something I could never do.

My maintenance fee is £60.00 which I am happy to pay, I could never go back to hand written either.

Hi,

I Invested in Amtech FastTest this year, Generally it is quite good, as it alows you to create a database of clients, companies and installations. However it does have a few annoying restrictions and quirks. It can be a little difficult at first to get used too, but the technical support offered is quite good. It also comes with Windows, IOS and Android support so I use my tablet on site sometimes.

Reply to What software do you use? in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock