Discuss What sort of prices should I be charging? in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

You get people on here quoting figures of 50/60k for self employed other wise not worth it. That's all I was refering too, so its kind of trying to put people down if they can't or don't earn it imo.

You get people on here quoting figures of 50/60k for self employed other wise not worth it. That's all I was refering too, so its kind of trying to put people down if they can't or don't earn it imo.

They are quoting figures out of thin air ...................

I would say you need to be making £30K to make it worthwhile MINIMUM ............ and if you go SE, it could take 3 to 5 years to achieve this ............. yet in some parts of the UK it may never be achievable

They are quoting figures out of thin air ...................

I would say you need to be making £30K to make it worthwhile MINIMUM ............ and if you go SE, it could take 3 to 5 years to achieve this ............. yet in some parts of the UK it may never be achievable
I have a subby that earnt 39K from me last year.

You got involved in the thread now you don't care lol

That's funny ...........I mean I don't care if people earn more than I do ...... just look at my earlier responses - I was trying to get somebody to realise that they are under selling themselves

Its gone way off topic now anyway:)

Good on him .......... was that including overtime / weekend rates?
No just Price work. I have a site with 400 small commercial units being built. He gets £250 a unit which consists of a bit of dado with 3 sockets, a flood light on a photocell, roller shutter door power, 4x fluorescents, board with 3x RCBO’s, water heater power, Batten Holder and switch in WC and bond to structural steel. Does 3-4 a week when the works there. I can do one a day on my own if I knock my socks off. To give you some scale here’s a few pics of the 1st phase of 100 units.
What sort of prices should I be charging? B3406E30-AC7F-4C21-AB23-AC27AF523361 - EletriciansForums.net

What sort of prices should I be charging? E0DE7F83-EB53-4D0C-B4F5-9743D7D23B4D - EletriciansForums.net

What sort of prices should I be charging? CD313D9A-EEEE-4B5A-90D7-DA90583CBBDA - EletriciansForums.net

If some of the sparks on this forum are earning some of the figures being bounded about they should be mortgage free living in a reasonable size house and in a nice area, living a decent life style with two good holidays a year by the age of 40 years old or if not a lot sooner I would imagine.
Good Luck to them if they are.

Yes to everything except mortgage free and I have more holidays than two.

But.........

I have taken a lot of risks. Moved my family three times and worked a lot of hours to get here. People expect me on the phone 24/7 and I spend a lot of nights worrying.

Reply to What sort of prices should I be charging? in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock