Discuss what testing package? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

lurch

-
Reaction score
Hi All

I am looking at various testing certificate packages - PIRform, Castlime, Amtech and iCertifi. I am beginning to err iCertifi but would appreciate any feedback on any of the packages pro's and cons.

Thx in advance.

Ton

Ive used castline before, at first I thought it was good. Easy to use and pretty simple, but then it started to edit unfinished certificates off itself. One EICR I did had around 18 DB's and I had to go over it 3 times as it kept editing the circuit information itself. It then went down hill after that, sometimes it would decide to not save certificates even though it would tell me it had.

We then fell out and I havent used it since.

i have just gone for icertifi, it looks ok so far and a lot cheaper than easy cert

Been using Amtech for 3 years or more , I thought I would get at least 5-7 years out of the software but with BS 7671 changing and affecting the certs, the options to "upgrade" do hurt the pocket a bit. Thinking of ditching it when I get another request for £400 to upgrade

Been using Amtech for 3 years or more , I thought I would get at least 5-7 years out of the software but with BS 7671 changing and affecting the certs, the options to "upgrade" do hurt the pocket a bit. Thinking of ditching it when I get another request for £400 to upgrade
Thats the trouble with Amtech, upgrades are costly.
Also your paying for expensive support which we very rarely use.

Reply to what testing package? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi all, Not sure if asking about rates is allowed, but I'm wondering what people's thoughts are on chargeable rates for PAT testing. Baring in...
Replies
Views
Hi Guys, looking at doing Initial and Periodic inspecting and testing. Looking between the CandG and EAL Just wondering if I can ask peoples...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Been a while since I have been on here. I have been on an apprenticeship the last 3 years training in the BMS world. Taking that into...
Replies
Views
I got a TEXT message (i dont know them and i cant find out who they are from the phone number) "Hi speaking from Indeed Are you available to give...
Replies
Views
Good day. First time poster. We recently had an electrician perform the EICR, as this is a newly purchased property I thought'd I would have the...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock