Discuss What to do with high n-n continuity readings in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

When doing my 2365 and starting in the trade i was given a flow chart of testing to do prior to a CU change by my supervisor at my first firm. It has served me well over the years and saved many an hour of fault finding after the event, its not too dissimilar to the one electrical safety first publish. Its a good little document for you to read. Have a read of this for future reference...

Attachments

• Changing a consumer unit.pdf
    1.2 MB · Views: 134
So,Jamie,you fitted an RCD board,where there was none previously,and did no testing. That was unwise.
Moving forward,you know the areas,where a fault may exist,and what may be required to rectify the problem. There is no regulation which can obviate this.

Give us a list of the actual tests and results,you have,and there are plenty on here,who will give advice and tips.

Keep a sense of humour-there will be bigger worries,as you go through life :)

Jamie,
Did you not post this on here before ?, for what I am reading into this you did a continuity test between both ends of the ring final circuit got a low reading between both ends of live both ends of earth what was your results ? when you did the test between both ends of the neutral you got 62 ohms.
You then did a insulation resistance test and got a dead short on both the ends of neutral.
Please correct me here if I have interpreted incorrectly.
Also what was the cable was it all 2.5/1.5 T&E and have you established what sockets /points that are on this circuit.

Reply to What to do with high n-n continuity readings in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi guys. Having a weird problem in a house that has suddenly happened. One half of the ring main has 240ish volts (fluctuates of course), and...
Replies
Views
I had an interesting little job this morning. Three sockets in an extension were not working and haven't worked for quite some time (years). It...
Replies
Views
Hi, I would love some help understanding an issue I’m having on a 16mm SWA cable running from the CU in my house to the CU in the shed. I believe...
Replies
Views
Hi all , after some opinions on N-E fault or ring main. After chasing this fault and ruining my bank holiday weekend , ring main IR readings as...
Replies
Views
Slightly strange one this, replaced a few socket fronts in a dining room today, all wiring original but new plasterboard on a studded wall. Its a...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock