Discuss What van do you work from? in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

B

byrnie_2004

As above really just wondering what vans people are working from, i have an astravan at the minuite but think its going to be too small if i set up as a sole trader. :confused:

A ford mondeo ghia X estate.

I've worked out of a berlingo, partner, transit, traffic and connect.

I preferred the connect most of all and am hoping to get one in the near future.

Last edited:
Depending of what sort of work your doing. a estate can be great, less chance of getting broken into firstly !!

Still love the Vw's or the Nissans.

Had an astravan, couldn't deal with constantly reaching in to get stuff. Massive pain in the rear, especially when you're 6'4".

I've got an 05 plate toyota hiace now. Just the right size for me and you can still get an 8x4 sheet in the back vertically and diagonally (if that makes any sense) with my racking in there.
Will not win any medals for speed. But recently acheived 45mpg on a long run. Which is excellent for a 2.8 ton van IMHO.

company van for me VW Transporter seemed great first couple of weeks but Im use to transit and the head height in VW isnt as good Iv racked it out but it still doesnt seem to have same load capacity as the tranny

I am in a SWB low roof Connect with side loading door and full roof rack with pipetube. Good, reliable and well built van, but it is a tad heavy on the fuel around the houses. I have some ex british gas racking which sits across the back axle, and it is custom made for the Connect. Makes life a lot easier keeping things tidy and being able to find what you need. Thinking of selling soon and getting a VW caddy.

Cheers......Howard

Got a Jeep Cherokee 2.5 tdi, Its old but good, listen to a lot of VAN morrison. (Desperate to get in on any conversation .. sorry )
nice motor. i had a 4.0l petrol. prefer jim morrison myself. think lenny's our current expert on the other morrison.

Try n get the Caddy MAX howard the caddy is a great wee van but when I had one I was finding I had to take stuff out to put stuff in if you get mny drift leaving having to leave some kit in the shed

transit connect swb. find it great but not the lightest on fuel. may be small if you have a lot of kit and spares. I have mine quite well racked out and dont always carry all my gear in it but depending on the jobs I am doing. helps to reduce the theft risk but increases the risk of not having what i need. great van to drive.

got a merc vito 56 plate lwb

nice and nippy and plenty of room inside it but bit on the pricey side though with fuel

thinking about down sizing to a connect or maybe a vivaro

-

04 plate scudo, good van not bad on fuel and plenty of space. Build quality bit poor but engine and box strong as a ox as it's a pug engine.

Not the most comfy but all round not bad .

Reply to What van do you work from? in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net