Discuss What Was Your Last Tool And What Is Your Next?!?! in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

For me the insert comes in useful. At the end of a service call, I can quickly check that I've put everything back.
At the moment it weighs in at 11 kilos with tools & test gear
Probably be 12.5 when the battery screwdriver & bit set are in.

Yeh I get you on the quick check. I place my tool belt at the front for the quick check. I never like to be without anything hence the 18 kg!

I just bought an orange Klein Bluetooth work speaker from CEF. Its got a punchy sound for being so small. A little music in the workplace goes a long way.

I had a bit of a second hand spending spree the other day and aside a couple of pairs of knipex pliers I bought a 36v Hilti Te6a which doesn't have separate hammer (chiselling on its own) but still found it hard to walk away so beat them down in price to justify my grief and used it most of yesterday. Cracking little tool.
I also bought a Bosch DMF 10 zoom stud finder, new £70 I got for £20. I used it on a job the other day and it's a winner. Found wooden studs, cables and a chocolate under the sofa (I actually found that - wrapped so eaten)!
I am not sure if I've bought a new tool at full price but I now have every tool I need generally ExCEPT the Earth leakage meter DCM300 by Megger - one day!

Goes a long way with me too, straight out the window ;) I like to be able to hear myself think when I'm working.

The term 'grumpy old men' springs to mind! I use a Bluetooth speaker for my 'Jesus music' during the day - when I really need to think even Jesus needs to be turned down!

Will you choose your words more carefully in future RPA. I mean really ? Old he says, bloody nerve of these kids nowadays :eek::D:D.

I had a bit of a second hand spending spree the other day and aside a couple of pairs of knipex pliers I bought a 36v Hilti Te6a which doesn't have separate hammer (chiselling on its own) but still found it hard to walk away so beat them down in price to justify my grief and used it most of yesterday. Cracking little tool.
I also bought a Bosch DMF 10 zoom stud finder, new £70 I got for £20. I used it on a job the other day and it's a winner. Found wooden studs, cables and a chocolate under the sofa (I actually found that - wrapped so eaten)!
I am not sure if I've bought a new tool at full price but I now have every tool I need generally ExCEPT the Earth leakage meter DCM300 by Megger - one day!

Some nice kit there buddy & good prices too.

Think my next buys are going to be, a set of 150mm torx bits for the battery screwdriver & a set of Milwaukee 6 in 1 pliers.

Bet it would be a good addition, price is an ouch though.
Think I've got enough ladders to keep me going :)

Last edited by a moderator:
@Murdoch, if you needed them to be fibreglass the the 'dark horse' are the ones but they carry a hefty price. I've got the 4 rung fibre glass little giant yellow version. Again, bought secondhand still cost me £210 but amazingly useful. Don't need a separate stepladder as these do it all. I was in a small bathroom yesterday all day and they acted as steps for the light then a ladder for the extractor work I need to do.

I had my double 13 rung wooden ladders and stand off for the 'hole in the side of your house' extractor job yesterday. Made by 'Eclipse' same company makes the saws etc. Cracking ladders and the stand off worth its weight as a tool platform.

Reply to What Was Your Last Tool And What Is Your Next?!?! in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Electricians Tools | Electrical Tools and Products

Thanks for visiting ElectriciansForums.net, we hope you find the Electricians Tools you're looking for. It's free to sign up to and post a question yourself to find a tool or tool supplier either local to you, or online. Our community of electricians and electrical engineers will do their best to find the best tool supplier for you.

We also have a Tiling Tools advice from the worlds largest Tiling community. And then the Plumbers Forums with Plumbers Tools Advice.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock