Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. angel While you're here, would you mind checking out our Electrician's Insurance section to see if we could save you a few quid? - Specifically our Van Insurance Deals and Public Liability Insurance Deals. Thanks for supporting the forum! angel

Discuss What Wholesalers do you use in the Business Related area at ElectrciansForums.co.uk.

?

Which Wholesaler do you use???

1. CEF

29.1%
  2. Newey & Eyre

19.0%
  3. Edmundsons

26.6%
  4. Denmans

16.5%
  5. Wilts

8.9%
  6. TLC

34.2%
  7. WF Wades

6.3%
  8. Screwfix/Electricfix

58.2%
  9. Links

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. Meteor

5.1%
  11. Other Local Independant

36.7%
  12. Kingsbury's

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Please make sure you checkout our forum sponsors, many do discounts for members and, they keep the forum free to use.
  1. deafboy

deafboy Regular EF Member

Hi what wholesalers do you use and what sort of discounts do you expect?
    Anybody use denmans? I am finding some of Electricfix prices are better than my wholesaler is this normal?

2. tonycoysh

tonycoysh Guest

I tend to use Western Electrical (South West) mostly. I too find Screwfix/Electicfix sometimes beat their price but other times, no where near. City Electrical Factors seem ok but haven't used them as much.

3. timo1

timo1 Electrician's Arms

In my experience they all differ wildly in price. I use electrifix as I know what the bill will be. meteor electrical is a site sponsor and I was really impressed with the products and price, definately worth considering if you are getting enough items to qualify for the free postage. cef can surprise me as sometimes they are really good on price and other times sky high, I think you just have to barter with the wholesalers a bit and TBH I cant be bothered, hence the electrifix catalogue lol..

4. mikeh58

mikeh58 Guest

In my opinion Denmans are the best,dug me out of a hole a few times,also if you ask for the best price they can give you,they always give around 40% or more on there catalogue much cheaper than cef or wilts and more friendly .

• Like Like x 2
  5. RWJ

RWJ 8,400+ day wonder Electrician's Arms

We swear by denmans..... but again HAGGLE!!!!

They deliver all over that place for us so saves us on diesel and time. They'll even bring 1 lamp or a pack of cable ties. First class service!

6. D80

D80 Guest

Use Meteor a lot these days, first class service. Yet to get a delivery wrong for me either (touch wood!), which was a CEF speciality!

• Like Like x 1
  7. danzor

danzor Trusted Advisor

CEF are shocking

• Like Like x 5
  8. DurhamSparky

DurhamSparky Guest

Con Every Fooker

• Like Like x 7
  9. sparkdog

sparkdog sparkdog Electrician's Arms

Business Name:
    C MacRae Electrical
    Wilts,TLC and Electricfix/Screwfix.Prices pretty much the same but don't all stock the same things, like Wilts don't do Wago but TLC do.

10. supasparxs

supasparxs Electrician's Arms

A few years ago, I had Denman's in Chelmsford quote for a job.
    I based in Manchester, went to collect the materials and they had very little of it
    I went elsewhere

11. deafboy

deafboy Regular EF Member

Thanks for the replies!

I have been using Denmans mostly but find myself using screwfix more often, I called Denmans recently for the best price on a storage heater the price they came back with was £100 dearer than 1st price I found on internet, so now I find myself having to check all their prices each time I order then going back haggling? IMHO best price should be best price for a regular customer?

Now getting a account with Newey and Eyre and then CEF and see who can quote me cheapest!:bucktooth:

12. Amp David

Amp David Trusted Advisor

My local CEF prices are stupid. Go to the other branch 8 miles away and they are miles cheaper. Also don't like the gear they sell, sockets etc their own brand cak.

Just recently started using TN Robinson, have pretty much beaten most of Electricfix prices, good price on all cable and as I use Click mode switches and sockets now 99% of the time, they do this at stonking prices.

Will also deliver your stuff as they have a van out every day

13. Christhesparky

Christhesparky Electrician's Arms

I generally use 2 independant local wholesalers, both have good stocks and generally beat the big boys prices

14. sythai

sythai Electrician's Arms

80% independent wholesaler, unbeatable all round service and most prices very competitive.

Rest is from Denmans, Wilts, TLC, Westons - CEF is an absolute joke !!

15. D80

D80 Guest

This is almost turning into a CEF appreciation thread:jester:

• Like Like x 3