Discuss What would you do in this situation ? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

-
Reaction score
Took a call from a customer today that has an issue with lighting in one of their flats. Not a problem but he then mentioned that he also wanted me to quote to resolve issues found during recent EICR. One C2 of many was a lack of CPC in the lighting circuit. Would you repair a problem with the lighting whilst a C2 is still outstanding ?

That's my concern there are bound to be judging by some of the other issues listed. Agree any circuit should be left safe after being worked on and that's why I'm probably going to pass on this one.

I would want to leave the repaired circuit safe after working on it. The lack of a CPC wouldn't automatically warrant a C2 unless there is class I switches or light fittings on it.
Tend to agree, but then again, many householders are blissfully ignorant of the dangers of an unearthed circuit, (as long as it works and looks nice scenario) so an advisory to either ban class 1 fittings, or sort the problem out, you know I'm right.

I've suggested I quote for rewire which will resolve all issues and he agreed. But not sure a Tennant would enjoy the experience. Catch 22 for the landlord

ff**k the tenant .he's you not paying you, tell the tenant start moving out for the rewire .
exactly, tenants are bloodclots

had a storage heater to fit on a 5th floor flat "can you jts take the old one away aswell"

JUST?!?!? bloody JUST!?!? aye no worries, ill risk the 60 quid fine to load up the bricks since your flat is situated exclusively on double yellows and no parking for several 100 meters

would have been much easier to just tip the heater out the window and clean up the mess at the bottom, but "health and safety" blah blah

I know a certain pal of mine,working at some flats near the Apollo in Manchester,who talked a passing pair of "dedicated recreational drug testers",to carry one down 6 flights of stairs and away,with the "mention" that it was a heating radiator,and the weight was copper...

At the time,i know the nearest cash paying scrapyard,was quarter of a mile away...i'm not sure whether this was a cruel trick,or a stab at rehabilitation,but it made me laugh :)

exactly, tenants are bloodclots

had a storage heater to fit on a 5th floor flat "can you jts take the old one away aswell"

JUST?!?!? bloody JUST!?!? aye no worries, ill risk the 60 quid fine to load up the bricks since your flat is situated exclusively on double yellows and no parking for several 100 meters

would have been much easier to just tip the heater out the window and clean up the mess at the bottom, but "health and safety" blah blah

Not to mention the fine you would incur if the Gestapo were to stop you and discover that you were carrying "commercial waste" in your van without a licence .....

Roofer fined £300 for carrying sandwich wrappers and crisp packets in his van - https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2018/08/02/roofer-fined-300-carrying-sandwich-wrappers-crisp-packets-van

I would repair the fault they have requested to be looked at and if there was other issues I would highlight these issues in the strongest terms. If the customer does not want tontake this advice I would issue a Danger Notice with my invoice.

I would repair the fault they have requested to be looked at and if there was other issues I would highlight these issues in the strongest terms. If the customer does not want tontake this advice I would issue a Danger Notice with my invoice.

Not to mention the fine you would incur if the Gestapo were to stop you and discover that you were carrying "commercial waste" in your van without a licence .....

Roofer fined £300 for carrying sandwich wrappers and crisp packets in his van - https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2018/08/02/roofer-fined-300-carrying-sandwich-wrappers-crisp-packets-van

I was gonna give you a dumb, but it was meant for those 'officials'. If thats correctly reported, then thats madness. :mad:

Maybe the roofing business was a front, be was actually running a picnic service?
Their complaint seems to be that it was in a plastic commercial waste sack, but it looks like a normal bag for life to me. Why does that make a difference?

Reply to What would you do in this situation ? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net