Discuss What would you do with this? in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi all

Went to see a man about a dog a while back and whilst I was there was chatting as you do about things and I mentioned I am an electrician. The now customer/man asked me to carry out some work for him and said he knew of some nuisance tripping faults, would I mind having a look and repair.

Let me know what you think if you were presented with this, I said before I do anything this needs a tidy up and testing. He called today and asked when I could get back to carry out phase 1, this is going to be fun.

Pete

20180421_120634.jpg

ok, my first ever job and I'm not proud of it! LOL!

Seriously though, that 5-way Wago with the neutrals, is that a y or t junction on a crimp? Is that a thing?
Not joking, I would really like to know.
I mean, I've crimped before (that's why I've gone for the straighteners now, my hair was a mess) but would you do that in that location?

Oh, ok...but when there are 2 ways free, why crimp and put in one?
Why not cut and use both?
Could use some labelling, too?

That copper pipe on the right...did the plumber come along afterwards, or was the board cunningly slid behind it just a bit?

That grey connector, top centre, what kind is that? Looks like a lighting connector?
Still, if it joins some wires together...

Went to see a man about a dog a while back and whilst I was there was chatting as you do about things and I mentioned I am an electrician. The now customer/man asked me to carry out some work for him and said he knew of some nuisance tripping faults, would I mind having a look and repair.

Let me know what you think if you were presented with this, I said before I do anything this needs a tidy up and testing. He called today and asked when I could get back to carry out phase 1, this is going to be
was that did/board taken in spaghetti factory .

Hi all

Let me know what you think if you were presented with this, I said before I do anything this needs a tidy up and testing. He called today and asked when I could get back to carry out phase 1, this is going to be fun.

Pete

View attachment 43945
Rather you than me PJ

Nice upselling there but I don’t think saying it needs testing just because it is untidy is correct.

Pretty standard to come actoss DBs like this. Especially ones that were fitted some time ago.

Half a day’s work sorting that out.

Reply to What would you do with this? in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net