Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. angel While you're here, would you mind checking out our Electrician's Insurance section to see if we could save you a few quid? - Specifically our Van Insurance Deals and Public Liability Insurance Deals. Thanks for supporting the forum! angel

5% Discount from Electrical2Go.co.uk for ALL members! - Click Here

3. Forum for Trainees.

If you are a trainee and haven’t already applied to join our trainee forum then click HERE The trainee forum is a closed area of the forum where the Forum Mentors will freely share their vast experience within the industry. 

Dismiss Notice

Discuss Whats the best tool you own? in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectrciansForums.co.uk.

Tags:
Please make sure you checkout our forum sponsors, many do discounts for members and, they keep the forum free to use.
  1. Sifu

Sifu EF Member

I ve got a few tools i like, my milwaukee drills are great, and a few i think were a waste of money. Like my bosch 12v multi tool, the battery falls out as soon as it starts vibrating. The new tool pouch, i ve just bought has made a massive improvement to the way i work so I was just wondering what is the best tool you have for making your life easier?

2. Baddegg

Baddegg Still simmering Ken, not boiled yet buddy x Electrician's Arms

My labourer....

• Funny Funny x 3
  3. Andy78

Andy78 Forum Mentor

I too love my Milwaukee kit, but other leading brands are just as good really.

A decent headtorch made a massive difference to my daily work, and still does.

Most useful tool as a self employed electrician ? Hate to say it but probably my phone.
    It's my mobile office for calls, texts, and emails, it's a camera to keep record of works, it's a diary to enter details of appointments and work done, it's a torch for when I don't have my headtorch, it's a calculator for quick on site reckonings, it's a technical library with all the PDF files I have on there, it's a tool for looking under floors and in walls using the video and camera functions, and a satnav for looking up callout locations.

• Winner Winner x 5
    • Like Like x 3
  4. Pete999

Pete999 Forum Mentor

Business Name:
    None
    CK Installation pliers.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. spinlondon

spinlondon Forum Mentor

My SnapOn 3/8” Flex ratchet.

6. SparkyChick

SparkyChick Making a banana smoothy for my fave gorilla Staff Member Moderator

Top Poster Of Month

Business Name:
    SparkyChick
    I like my Bosch gear, just added the GSB 162-2 RE to the stable and it's mean... scary, but mean :)

In terms of making my life easier, I got sick and tired of lugging around a big tool bag so I got myself a Toughbuilt Master Electricians Pouch and I've got what I would call my daily carry in there. So much nicer than a big bag of tools.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. Sintra

Sintra The Innkeeper Staff Member Admin

My glasses so I can see what I’m doing :)

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Funny Funny x 2
  8. JOURNEYMAN

JOURNEYMAN Regular EF Member

Kettle!:p:p

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  9. Vortigern

Vortigern Electrician's Arms

Business Name:
    F.H. Electrical
    Told ya!

• Funny Funny x 1
    Last edited: Oct 14, 2018
  10. Gavin John Hyde

Gavin John Hyde Electrician's Arms

Business Name:
    Sulis Electrical Services Ltd
    Have to be the multi tool, with a diamond blade it can do chases and back boxes with relative ease in most walls. cuts nearly everything with the right blade. from wood, plasterboard through to stone and tiles

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. SparkyChick

SparkyChick Making a banana smoothy for my fave gorilla Staff Member Moderator

Top Poster Of Month

Business Name:
    SparkyChick
    Keep it clean ;)

• Funny Funny x 2
  12. Andy78

Andy78 Forum Mentor

Goes without saying you keep it clean. Goes all fusty otherwise.

• Funny Funny x 4
  13. Baddegg

Baddegg Still simmering Ken, not boiled yet buddy x Electrician's Arms

It’s his best tool I’m sure he looks after it...

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. Strima

Strima Electrician's Arms

My cable stripper, it makes me money to buy more tools with.

8BE9F917-A147-446E-81A3-C7FC7A6611D4.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
  15. SWD

SWD Gender neutral Electrician's Arms

My brain, my hands if someone takes the pee pee then show me your assets/bank balance.

• Like Like x 2