Discuss Whats up ! in the The Welcome Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Z

zapadug

transformer battery charger - http://overunity.com/16932/transformer-battery-charger/msg494683/#new

Basically do you know what will be the voltage of the charged capacitor on the right side?

the three phases have same number of turns.
so 240 V AC 50 Hz is splitted into two 120 VAC 50Hz (left and right side).

At some point of time the capacitor on the right side will be fully charged.
and there will be no current on the right side.

section-3-scan-1.png

section-3-scan-1.png

Not really sure what you mean ideal conditions?...
Shorting out a winding would not be a wise idea, it will overheat, damage, destroy the transformer, how quickly, the damage caused and whether it will catch fire etc all depend on several factors, there is no point in answering a question regarding a circuit that will not worked as shown in your wiring diagrams..

What are you trying to achieve here, what is the aim of your project?

Not really sure what you mean ideal conditions?...
Shorting out a winding would not be a wise idea, it will overheat, damage, destroy the transformer, how quickly, the damage caused and whether it will catch fire etc all depend on several factors, there is no point in answering a question regarding a circuit that will not worked as shown in your wiring diagrams..

What are you trying to achieve here, what is the aim of your project?

Tested without the capacitors and battery. only resistor on right side. no explosion. not even closer to expl. 240VAC on the right side.

As I don't know your setup, the core used, the thickness of wire on the winding, the time you energised such a set-up, whether the info you give is correct or we are missing some /(given you limited knowledge in this area), then I cannot comment to what actually happens, if the shorted winding doesn't overheat then we are clearly not been given the full picture here or your experiment is not reflective of the wiring diagrams you posted.
Even a small bit of info missed out in your posts or a small error in your explanations can make a huge difference to what happens and the results we predict if you can expand further and show exactly what you did experimentally then maybe I can reflect on why it didn't go up in a ball of white smoke.

As I don't know your setup, the core used, the thickness of wire on the winding, the time you energised such a set-up, whether the info you give is correct or we are missing some /(given you limited knowledge in this area), then I cannot comment to what actually happens, if the shorted winding doesn't overheat then we are clearly not been given the full picture here or your experiment is not reflective of the wiring diagrams you posted.
Even a small bit of info missed out in your posts or a small error in your explanations can make a huge difference to what happens and the results we predict if you can expand further and show exactly what you did experimentally then maybe I can reflect on why it didn't go up in a ball of white smoke.

Thanks. it is more principal/theoretical question. Lets condider ideal/theoretical setup. This kind of setup that can handle the power.

Reply to Whats up ! in the The Welcome Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net