Discuss Whats your best freebie? - job related in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

Darkwood

Staff member
Mod
Esteemed
Arms
Supporter
Reaction score
Just viewing some new premises for a customer moving factory, went with landlord just to get visuals up on the existing electrics and was evident their used to be a engineering firm of some nature in before as a few bits and bobs lying around.... i asked what hes doing with it all to which he replied "skip" and said if i find owt i can have it........

Roll on the freebies as i got a Safety light guard collector and emitter (SICK) unit still as good as new plus a few droppings of pidgeon s...t, well you cant argue at that possibly looking at 800 quids worth been 900mm long :stuart:, not every little earner is as rewarding as this for doing fricken nothing.

Maybe not the best but the thing I was most pleased about getting was the old Clare PAT that I started a thread about.

Made my day that did.:stuart:

Last edited by a moderator:
I got given 3 plug in Infra Red heaters (brand new in the box) the other day, customer said she'd had them for a while and would probably never use them.
Not amazing but they'll come in handy for somewhere.

clearing out building the other day and got samsung copy and fax machine, video intercom system, photcopier, drawing board and loads of lights he had put up himself.... few quids worth anyway,,,,, i just need to go back throw in few pendants

I worked on Buckingham Palace for NG Baileys (kitchen refurbishment and new portrate gallery
prior to starting work we had to do a shut down twice over a weekend to remove lead armoured cables
(4 hour shut down on the saturday and again on sunday)

we stripped out all the cable thinking that if this was any other site ......

Police, army and guns all over the place.

the clerk of works said we had did a great job and gave us a chit for all the scrap :))))

I think my end was about £600

and Baileys paid us full shifts for Saturday and Sunday for working 2pm until 6pm each day

by the way I was working until 1pm on each day on Portcullis House.

Basically I got paid twice for Saturday, twice for Sunday and got a share of the scrap

those were the good old days

Recently, a brand new bread maker , and an oil panitng, this one here, but not a print, the real thing:
Skyline II - Hans Paus Posters - Easyart.com

The bread maker was a Christma present they didnt want asked me to throw it away with the other waste I had, the painting was on the floor when I fitted a few sockets, i said that's a nice painting, she replied she didnt like it , and it was being thrown out! So, i had it. I have since told her it may be worth something, so if I ever do sell, i'll be going halves, but I like it, so probably wont sell.
Alan.

I used to be a touring rock and roll sparks. Can't confess to some of my best freebies!!!! Groupies, gotta luv 'em. :))

many years ago working in tailors re- furb done the boss tailor a favour and ended up with a made to measure suit.
a lso a couple of years ago was asked to disconnect a timber frame garage and get rid of anything i got a mobilty buggy,later sold it for £450.

Reply to Whats your best freebie? - job related in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock