Discuss What's your plan for the 18th in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

the pict

-
Mentor
Reaction score
Full on course and exam,get the book and home study then book a external exam only, do a distance upgrade course then sit the exam as a external candidate,or wing the exam as I did with the last 17th upgrade
Pict

I am in a sort of forced retirement just now .
I now have to look reg numbers up that were second nature to me not so long ago.
If I bother I think I will go and do the exam at my local college as I have always done. To be honest I enjoy the crack , some of the tutors are long gone , but some are still a blast from the past, along with some of the old hands I know.

@Des 56 . It is , especially when you have spent most of your life solving problems then the brain has been switched off.

A supplement to the existing and an acceptance on our part to conform is all that is needed but then no one makes any money from us that way

The 16th to 17th came close with a 20 question ( maybe it was 30) exam with a greatly reduced fee. I cannot remember how much , but I think around half.

I am retired(officially)but will take the exam only when its current, its hard to let go :(

I was 14 now I'm 18 it sounds good to me :)
Yeah I was thinking of doing the same, if me Pension will stand the cost. That's a point do these scammers give OAP's discounts?

Last edited:
Yeah I was thinking of doing the same, if me Pension will stand the cost. That's a point do these scammers give OAP's discounts?
discount pete????? they'll not do that, but they'll lend you a zimmer frame and give you a senility check.

I did my 17th level 3 at my local college (2012). Saturday and a Sunday, with the exam on the Monday evening. Spent the weekend with some old sweat, reading through odd regs & pages of BS7671, chapter by chapter, and him handing out some test questions as we went. As I had done nothing since doing the 15th circa 1981, it was hardly informative.

I seem to remember paying about £350 for the privilege!

Edit; Learnt more from this forum, than I did on that course.

I did my 17th level 3 at my local college (2012). Saturday and a Sunday, with the exam on the Monday evening. Spent the weekend with some old sweat, reading through odd regs & pages of BS7671, chapter by chapter, and him handing out some test questions as we went. As I had done nothing since doing the 15th circa 1981, it was hardly informative.

I seem to remember paying about £350 for the privilege!

Edit; Learnt more from this forum, than I did on that course.
Agree the course as it's aptly called is nothing but an exercise in how to read the BS.

it's the 16th today. i ain't even got plans for tomorrow, let alone the next day. :D

I found it was more how to use the contents page or index. :mad:
OK read the contents page, it's still necessity, that Electricians have to sit this exam, still a scam though, don't you agree seen the 17th advertised for £500:0, now if that isn't money for old rope I don't know what is, oh and the guarantee a High pass rate, how come? Oh I know more money for the IET and the Scams/training Schools. Not a fan I hear you say, well you got that right.

Reply to What's your plan for the 18th in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock