Discuss When Filling Out A N.I.C Installation Certificate Online *DEFAULT PFC VALUE* in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Why does it try to give you the value of 16KA in the drop down box for prospective fault current. Has anybody else come across this or do they know the reason why? I always put my measured value in but still would like to know the reason they try to give you the above value.

You'll find in the notes section it explicitly states that this should not be a measured value. That is why it defaults to 25kA/16kA.

Annex ZB of BSEN 61439-3:2012 has a Deviation for the United Kingdom that states that distribution boards intended to be operated by ordinary persons with double pole isolation, normal protective devices and type tested for use with standard supply fuses should be able to withstand a specified test using a fault current of 16kA and not fall below certain levels of safety during and after the test e.g. not cause fire and not be significantly damaged or deformed.

Therefore all UK consumer units should be designed to withstand a 16kA fault current and so this is the maximum level you can specify on the EIC.

Annex ZB of BSEN 61439-3:2012 has a Deviation for the United Kingdom that states that distribution boards intended to be operated by ordinary persons with double pole isolation, normal protective devices and type tested for use with standard supply fuses should be able to withstand a specified test using a fault current of 16kA and not fall below certain levels of safety during and after the test e.g. not cause fire and not be significantly damaged or deformed.

Therefore all UK consumer units should be designed to withstand a 16kA fault current and so this is the maximum level you can specify on the EIC.
That is 16KA with the energy limiting of a 100A BS1361 / BS88 fuse between it and the supply.

Reply to When Filling Out A N.I.C Installation Certificate Online *DEFAULT PFC VALUE* in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi guys & gals, I gave in and bought the new Megger MFT-X1. Got my hands on it Friday night, had a little play with it, used it at work on Monday...
Replies
Views
Hi all, first post so go easy! This is for people who are looking for more info on the course and exams and is from my experience of doing the...
Replies
Views
I’d like your opinions on a scenario I’ve come across. A certificate was produced which contained errors and while there were still faults on the...
Replies
Views
D
PFC
Hello I am wanting to know if any one can help me with a question I have in regards to PFC. When testing PSCC and PEFC in order to find out the...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I've just been perusing the AM2/E/S threads on here. Thought you might like a bit of a review. If, like I did, you find yourself...
Replies
Views

Electricians Tools | Electrical Tools and Products

Thanks for visiting ElectriciansForums.net, we hope you find the Electricians Tools you're looking for. It's free to sign up to and post a question yourself to find a tool or tool supplier either local to you, or online. Our community of electricians and electrical engineers will do their best to find the best tool supplier for you.

We also have a Tiling Tools advice from the worlds largest Tiling community. And then the Plumbers Forums with Plumbers Tools Advice.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock