Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Discuss When it looks wrong. in the Electrical Forum area at ElectrciansForums.co.uk.

Tags:
Please make sure you checkout our forum sponsors, many do discounts for members and, they keep the forum free to use.
  1. Paul228

Paul228 There is no spoon

So, went to look at a property for a landlord. In the bathroom there is an electric shower in zone1, but it's mounted approx 2 foot above the water line. The isolator pull switch is outside zone2. Oh and the circuit is rcd protected and on a separate 45a breaker.
    My thoughts were....why would you fit a shower so low, it's about knee height when in the bath. Then I noticed all the disability aids. Has anyone else come across a shower mounted so low, and if so, can you suggest a reason why it should be.

2. Spoon

Spoon Forum Mentor

As you have pointed out, for someone who is disabled, or very small..
    Knee height seems to low though.. you just wouldn't put it that low.

upload_2018-10-10_8-47-27.png

Yes there is....... I'm here....

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  3. Paul228

Cheers.. and my spoon quote is from the matrix

4. ferg

ferg Electrician's Arms

I have a vague memory of the shower head having to be mounted in such a way that it can't be submerged.

That wouldn't affect the actual unit though.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. Spoon

Spoon Forum Mentor

I knew were the quote was from mate. Great film..

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. Paul228

That's water regs freg. To do with siphoning and contaminating the water supply.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Fitzy

Fitzy Newly Qualified Sparky

Business Name:
    DF Electrical Services
    The person could be a double leg amputee, or a wheelchair user or a vertically challenged person. My wife’s aunt (80 year old) who can’t stand for long periods has a built in seat in her wet room and the shower itself is sited much lower than a standard shower.

8. Paul228

I totally understand that with a wet room. But above a,bath... just didn't look right.

9. Andy78

Andy78 Respected Member

Never seen that height over a standard bath. Seen plenty in purpose built wet rooms though.

10. Fitzy

Fitzy Newly Qualified Sparky

Business Name:
    DF Electrical Services
    Maybe they have no arms then and use their feet to turn the shower on.....

• Creative Creative x 1
  11. PEG

PEG Respected Member

If you,or a family member had any condition or ailment,which required an adaptation to improve matters,then pending obvious safety thoughts...gonads to the regs :)

I can vividly remember a pals grandad,a proper old Irish character,who had set up a scaffold tripod,above his bed,with a dangling ships hawser with a knot,to assist him getting up and away...

The visiting medical help,always asked about it's security,and he always replied "It holds up thousands of tonnes of masonry,so,crack on..."