Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Discuss Where are you getting your metal buckle clips in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectrciansForums.co.uk.

Please make sure you checkout our forum sponsors, many do discounts for members and, they keep the forum free to use.
  1. haptism

haptism Regular EF Member

Wheres the best value for £ metal buckle clips to be found in 2019, ive seen the SAREN ones but they are well pricey, and you need to buy the nails for them separately. The Shneider metal clips from screwfix £12 per 100 wtf. Where are the compliant housebashers getting clips for T&E nowdays ??

2. Cid

Cid Regular EF Member

How often are you running cables above a door way to make it an issue?

3. Diver233

Diver233 Im great at fire alarms crap at anything eles.

Doesn’t the 18th now insist on metal everywhere not just above doors and escape routes

• Agree Agree x 6
  4. cliffed

cliffed Regular EF Member

Yes I believe so,or proper metal containment,where appropriate.
    Let’s go back,go back,when we were all installing correctly & proper,conduit,trunking etc .

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. SparkyChick

SparkyChick Making a banana smoothy for my fave gorilla Staff Member Moderator

Business Name:
    SparkyChick
    521.10.202 Wiring systems shall be supported such that they will not be liable to premature collapse in the event of a fire.

NOTE 1: Wiring systems hanging across access or egress routes may hinder evacuation and firefighting activities.
    NOTE 2: Cables installed in or on steel cable containment systems are deemed to meet the requirements of this regulation.
    NOTE 3: This regulation precludes, for example, the use of non-metallic cable clips or cable ties as the sole means of support where cables are clipped direct to exposed surfaces or suspended under cable tray, and the use of non-metallic cable trunking as the sole means of support of the cables therein.
    NOTE 4: Suitably spaced steel or copper clips, saddles or ties are examples that will meet the requirements of this regulation.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  6. cliffed

cliffed Regular EF Member

Well done that man

7. SparkyChick

SparkyChick Making a banana smoothy for my fave gorilla Staff Member Moderator

Business Name:
    SparkyChick
    The Schneider clips are actually quite nice and you don't have to use them along the entire run. Every third clip or something is probably going to be enough.

Personally, I'd like to get some buckle clips but like you @haptism@haptism I've not managed to find them at a decent price.

8. westward10

westward10 In echoed steps I walk across an empty dream. Staff Member Moderator

I know SC is one of the lads for want of better words but I don't think SHE is planning to go the whole hog:D

• Funny Funny x 4
  9. The_apprentice2.0

The_apprentice2.0 Regular EF Member

This isn't for clipped direct but the clips used in this video are smart (bit pricey) but gives a good explanation of premature collapse and whats required

(spot the upside down sockets :))

10. Andy78

Andy78 Respected Member

I'd struggle to think of too many places in a domestic install where I would need buckle clips really.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. pirate

pirate Regular EF Member

I get mine from Saren. Don't use that many of them, so cost isn't really an issue, and their customer service is excellent.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. haptism

haptism Regular EF Member

I thought Sarens only sell buckle's to landlubbers lol

13. telectrix

telectrix Scouser and Proud of It Respected Member

Top Poster Of Month

Business Name:
    Telectrix
    think pirate confused with turnbuckles. they're magical adjusters for rigging stays etc.

14. pirate

pirate Regular EF Member

Turnbuckles Tel, quite right.
    But I have fancy buckles for my best shoes (swish buckles)
    and a whole load of others for normal business (swashbuckles)

• Funny Funny x 2
  15. Blissof89

Blissof89 Regular EF Member

Only place i can think of is in a garage, don't think I've ever just clipped a cable across someones living room wall.

If we are running surface cabling then its usually mini trunking and those D-Line clips.

• Agree Agree x 1