Discuss where should this wire go? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

It needs to be connected to earth (soil). A terracotta plant pot filled with compost will do - just poke it in that. Probably stick a label on saying 'Safety plant-pot - do not remove' to comply with regs.

Just cut it off.......serves no real purpose, the earth just causes RCDs to trip anyway!

Keep it well watered in dry weather. And always use bentonite instead of plant food. It's in the 18th regs that.

The sticker on it says its been inspected, so it'll be alright till 2028. I seen some other big green and yellas wires come out the top with all them little grey wires. theyr clamped on to the oil and water pipes.

Ok I'll come clean sheriff, no one is at risk here,
I know where that wire goes.
Its a TT system, Ra=33ohm . The tail is there for the DNO to attach to the PEN PME or what ever you want to call it. When someone gets round to asking them to come and do it.
I'm just at the site to restore power to the poo pump that the electrician (who left his name and number on the label ) disconnected when he installed the shiney new box and found a bit of earth leakage.
The pump was supplied from a JB on a radial socket circuit hidden under the bedroom floor.
He wasn't to know, he thought rats had been under there so he dissconnected at the next to last socket where he cleared the fault and went home happy the little old lady was now protected by 2 lovely RCDs.
Trouble took a while to rear up its ugly smelly head.
The real question is where is the earthing electrode.
When I was at the site I couldn't see it so I texted the electrician.
The spark said it was buried under the extension.
All I could see was EQ bonding to the oil pipe with no plastic jacket dissapearing into the ground and the EQ to the water circulating pipes.
Do you think the hidden electrode and the EQ bonding will take the fault current should someone start yanking on the line tail so that it chaffs and contacts the box. I=V/R 240/33=7.2727A
I think them wires will carry that current for quite a long time.

Reply to where should this wire go? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net