Discuss Where to go and what to do now? in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

Crumps

-
Reaction score
Hi all

New to the forum and after some advice. I have read other threads but I do not feel I really have an answer. And I am sure I will get some stick as well! I am wanting to change my career and recently did a course which encompasses the below. And I am currently working as a PAT testing engineer for a company.

I have the following qualifications from EAL: Level 3 in 17th edition, Part P building regs, PAT testing, and have just completed initial verification and periodic inspection. Also level 2 in fundamentals of inspection etc.

Also I have received a logic card for a domestic installer.

What does all this mean? What can I do now and where can I work? I have read several different websites stating different things and watched many different videos but they all seem to contradict each other at times so I need some clarifications on what I do next.

Any help and advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Level 3 in 17th edition
I don't think that is quite right. You mean 2382-15? Have you done level 3 or not? I am confused because you appear to say EAL lvl 3 then you talk about level 2 T&I which will be required. Also level 3 will be required either EAL or C&G. After that you can join a CPS scheme if you have some work to show. Check this link it is a good map of how to become a bona fide electrician (maybe not in the eyes of some) in the industry.
Morris Services - Getting Started - https://www.morrisservices.co.uk/gettingstarted.asp
I suppose key to all of this is what electrical installation experience do you have? 5 days is not a lot of time to absorb the necessary information needed to really know what you are doing. How do you feel about say quoting for a house rewire?

The qualifications are part P 2393, 17th edition 2382, PAT 2377, T&I 2392 and 2394/95.
On the certificate it states 2392 is level 2 and everything else is level 3.

As said, your experience is key to what you can and can't do and who may take you on for employment. The qualification you have gained don't amount to much at all on their own. I suppose the key question is what do you hope to achieve and where do you want to be within the industry ?

I take it you want to work in the Domestic field then Crumps?

The domestic at the moment is the one that interests me the most at the moment.

The qualification you have gained don't amount to much at all on their own. I suppose the key question is what do you hope to achieve and where do you want to be within the industry ?

I had a feeling you might say that! :( I'm obviously one of those people who was taken in believing that the course would lead me somewhere. Although I was under no illusions that I was going to jump straight into an electrician role but assumed it would lead somewhere.

I am wanting to work in mainly the domestic sector, sorting out lighting and sockets, etc in people's homes.

Reply to Where to go and what to do now? in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock