Discuss Where to start with no experience.. Home Study ? Evening/weekend course ? in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

TomF

-
Reaction score
Hi all

My name is Tom, this is my first post on here. I live in Suffolk & I am looking to begin my training for the C&G 2365 level 2 and 3 and have been let down by the training provider in Norwich. The course has been put back 5 months and I can not find any where local to start it in the meantime.

I wondered if many people have completed the 2365 level 2 & 3 via home study/distance learning and whether its a viable option ? or am I better to wait until the evening/weekend course starts in September ?

I have no previous electrical experience and just wanted to get some feedback from people in the industry on whether I am going down the right route.

Any feedback would be appreciated.
Cheers
Tom

Hi all

My name is Tom, this is my first post on here. I live in Suffolk & I am looking to begin my training for the C&G 2365 level 2 and 3 and have been let down by the training provider in Norwich. The course has been put back 5 months and I can not find any where local to start it in the meantime.

I wondered if many people have completed the 2365 level 2 & 3 via home study/distance learning and whether its a viable option ? or am I better to wait until the evening/weekend course starts in September ?

I have no previous electrical experience and just wanted to get some feedback from people in the industry on whether I am going down the right route.

Any feedback would be appreciated.
Cheers
Tom
City & Guilds 2365 Level 2 Course / Diploma - https://www.tradeskills4u.co.uk/courses/2365-Level-2-course

Undertaking a distance learning course can be hard work if you are starting from scratch and have no previous experience.
The chance to discuss problems with others can help.
However it does depend on your own approach to learning, if you are good at absorbing written information and can dedicate yourself to learning then you may be OK. There is a training provider in Sawston, electricalcoursesuk, which would not be too far from you, they maybe worth talking to.

Undertaking a distance learning course can be hard work if you are starting from scratch and have no previous experience.
The chance to discuss problems with others can help.
However it does depend on your own approach to learning, if you are good at absorbing written information and can dedicate yourself to learning then you may be OK. There is a training provider in Sawston, electricalcoursesuk, which would not be too far from you, they maybe worth talking to.
Thanks Richard. I will give them a call tomorrow but from their website it looks like they only offer a full time 8 week course which i couldn't do as i am in full time employment.

I did my Level 2 last year at a local college. I had no previous hands-on experience and found it a very worthwhile experience. Being taught by a lecturer who has worked as an electrician for years also made it easier to understand the theory units.
I was able to take the time out for a couple of days a week to do it which many people already employed probably can't afford to do for an academic year.
I can't comment on the distance learning option but if you can find somewhere to attend in person I can recommend it.

Some colleges do evening courses as well, but no doubt you have looked into that in your area already.

Reply to Where to start with no experience.. Home Study ? Evening/weekend course ? in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net