Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. angel While you're here, would you mind checking out our Electrician's Insurance section to see if we could save you a few quid? - Specifically our Van Insurance Deals and Public Liability Insurance Deals. Thanks for supporting the forum! angel

5% Discount from Electrical2Go.co.uk for ALL members! - Click Here

Discuss Which cordless circ saw you prefer? in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectrciansForums.co.uk.

Please make sure you checkout our forum sponsors, many do discounts for members and, they keep the forum free to use.
  1. HumbleWorker 91RT

HumbleWorker 91RT Trainee Access

Hello boys and girls,

Been a while since I posted...I'm looking for a cordless circ saw I have dewalt 5 amp and Milwaukee 5 amp batteries so looking at either platforms circular saws either 165mm or 185mm size saws just wondering views on initial cost vs long term reliability and performance

Cheers in advance
    HW

2. LeeH

LeeH Insert witty monkey comment here. Electrician's Arms

I have the DeWalt, it’s a decent saw. They are reliable yet fixable with cheap spares. Not used the Makita but I’m sure it’s just as good.

Pick a platform and stick with it.

• Like Like x 1
  3. PEG

PEG Trusted Advisor

Hi,as a battery powered machine,with a heavy power requirement,the blade will be the most important issue.

If you are mostly ripping up ply,and stud,pick the smaller blade.

No point going for the largest capacity machine,if it's extreme range,is one you only need occasionally. Get out the Bahco,for that ;)

• Like Like x 1
  4. Andy78

Andy78 Trusted Advisor

I have the Milwaukee HD18 CS 165mm blade saw an use it with 5Ah batteries. Very keen tool that I get along with well, and is showing no signs of trouble after three years.

• Like Like x 1
  5. HumbleWorker 91RT

HumbleWorker 91RT Trainee Access

Hi matey,

Yeah I use Irwin weldtec blades I reckon they are great for the typical ply and stud cutting Doing rips and cross cutting due to being a youth want a saw that's good value and will last a while