Discuss Which dual dash cam for panel van? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

HappyHippyDad

-
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Morning all.

Thinking about getting a dash cam and I'd like to get one that does the rear as well.

I have an ex AA renault trafic which does have a rear window but it has a metal plate over it (that I could cut holes in).

Does anyone have any recommendations of dash cams that they like and would work in this case?

Cheers guys.

Only advice would to hard wire it in and avoid cables trailing everywhere. There are so many cams on the market now. A lot of them use same insides and are just rebadged chinese stuff.
Spend a decent amount and you will get quality. With some high end models you can turn on motion activation. So when parked it records anybody approaching the vehicle.
In a couple of years the eu are saying all new vehicles should have them built in as standard. We might be leaving but we will still follow the vehicle regs...
Will make insurance claims interesting as nearly every accident will be on camera!

Will make insurance claims interesting as nearly every accident will be on camera!

This is precisely why I bough mine .......... nearly stoved the misses car on Friday ........... van not indicating crossed my path on a roundabout .... should it have been an accident, a dash cam would have proved he didn't indicate.

Everybody should have one, even if it's just a cheapy. Don't end up sat there after an accident thinking 'I wish I'd bought a dashcam'. My son had an incident a few weeks ago where someone revered out into his path - they were trying to deny it but he sent the dashcam footage to the insurance company and they ended up payign for the repairs. If there was no camera then it is unlikely he would have got paid out.

I'd recommend the Nextbase stuff, and I'd recommend getting one with the quick release mount - that way you can take it out if you've parked somewhere a bit 'dodgy'.

I've got a decent one in the front, and my next buy is going to be a £20 cheapy for the rear window.

Everybody should have one, even if it's just a cheapy. Don't end up sat there after an accident thinking 'I wish I'd bought a dashcam'. My son had an incident a few weeks ago where someone revered out into his path - they were trying to deny it but he sent the dashcam footage to the insurance company and they ended up payign for the repairs. If there was no camera then it is unlikely he would have got paid out.

I'd recommend the Nextbase stuff, and I'd recommend getting one with the quick release mount - that way you can take it out if you've parked somewhere a bit 'dodgy'.

I've got a decent one in the front, and my next buy is going to be a £20 cheapy for the rear window.
I agree, as the "incident" that I had earlier this year would either gone against me or at the least been a 50/50 split.

Nextbase now do a rear camera that links into and takes power from the matching front camera, and also saves onto the same SD card, front camera is model 512GW (I think) total cost for the pair around about £170, bit pricey but small change for you lot!

Reply to Which dual dash cam for panel van? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net