Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement

Discuss Which Electrical Body Are You With? in the Electrical Forum area at ElectrciansForums.co.uk.

?

Who are you with?

1. NICEIC (DI)

180 vote(s)
    11.0%
  2. NICEIC (AC)

292 vote(s)
    17.9%
  3. NAPIT

174 vote(s)
    10.7%
  4. ELECSA

149 vote(s)
    9.1%
  5. STROMA

100 vote(s)
    6.1%
  6. None

715 vote(s)
    43.8%
  7. ECA

65 vote(s)
    4.0%
  8. BSI

14 vote(s)
    0.9%
  9. Benchmark

3 vote(s)
    0.2%
  10. Select

25 vote(s)
    1.5%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Please make sure you checkout our forum sponsors, many do discounts for members and, they keep the forum free to use.
  1. Sintra

Sintra The Innkeeper Staff Member

Well guys and girls, let's see who you are registered with.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Andy78

Andy78 Trusted Advisor

Stroma, having moved from Elecsa after they got assimilated into the borg.

• Like Like x 6
  3. happyhippydad

happyhippydad Member Electrician's Arms

4. GMES

GMES Chief Gorilla Staff Member Trusted Advisor

vote cast

5. Midwest

Midwest Electrician's Arms

6. happyhippydad

happyhippydad Member Electrician's Arms

Very true Midwest.
    Hopefully more will vote this time as it would be interesting to get a good picture of who is with who.

7. happysteve

happysteve Electrician's Arms

Business Name:
    Dovecote Electrical
    I clicked "none" because there was no option for "my wife's"... :innocent:

• Like Like x 3
  8. telectrix

telectrix Scouser and Proud of It Trusted Advisor

Business Name:
    Telectrix
    i'm stuck with this old worn out body that i've has for nearly 70 years. it was OK for a good few years, but like all tools, wear and tear takes it's toll. first the back and knees, then everything else going down the pan. can't even manage 100 press-ups without a fag and beer break these days.

• Like Like x 15
  9. tomspark93

tomspark93 Electrician's Arms

10. Leesparkykent

Leesparkykent You Rock Gmes Staff Member Trusted Advisor

I'm NICEIC (AC) and also ECA, there isn't an option for ECA though. Also there is no options for BSI or Benchmark.

11. GMES

Lee you need to get to specsavers.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Leesparkykent

HAHA you just added them I swear......unless I'm tripping lol:eek:

• Like Like x 4
  13. GMES

Would I do an under handed thing like that Lee just to make you look daft :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Like Like x 5
  14. 7029 dave

7029 dave Trusted Advisor

I can't really vote, because not at it anymore, BUT if metering was no more and had to go back to it. Probably nobody.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Spoon

Spoon Trusted Advisor

Considering there are just over 57 thousand registered members you would have thought that threads like this one would have more results. Maybe most people just can't be arsed voting....

• Like Like x 1
  16. LankyWill

LankyWill Electrician's Arms

wheres 'bodgit and scarper'? their should be a few registered to that brigade

• Like Like x 4
  17. Andy78

Andy78 Trusted Advisor

Within the ranks of any of the above organisations.

• Like Like x 8
  18. Dan

Dan I'm not a sparky but I know a couple ;-) Staff Member

Steady on now lol

19. ED17

ED17 Electrician's Arms

We're NICEIC (AC).

Nearly as good as Trustatrader.com

20. Dan

Is that a joke lol

21. mjb

mjb New EF Member

Business Name:
    MJB Electric Ltd
    NICEIC

22. Taylortwocities

Taylortwocities Electrician's Arms

I hit none. Mostly retired now, but was with NAPIT. Would still be with them if they had kept their "Just 8" scheme and Part P hadn't been so diluted.
    Still doing a bit, but avoid large notifiable stuff. I know the local LABC guys and they'll accept a cert from me anyway.:wink:

23. Slowhand

Slowhand Regular EF Member

I'm with Stroma, they tend to want to uphold rules and regulations rather than create them.
    Niceic is not a governing body despite what they would have the world believe.

24. sam400

sam400 Regular EF Member

Someone asked me if I was registered with checkatrade the other day, when I said no I don't advertise they said it isn't advertising it's too prove you have been checked out.
    When I said I am on the competent persons register and I am inspected annually by the Niceic they just looked at me blank! Lol

• Like Like x 4
  25. darkwood

darkwood For it is a human number, its number is 666 Staff Member Electrician's Arms

This is the big problem, the Electrical industry is baffling even to us so when the customer is bombarded with advice from several bodies and websites trying to ensure you use there services then this what happens, I was asked if I was part P once to work in a factory on the machinery, I chuckled and explained, we need 1 non profit body to look over everyone like it used to be with the NICEIC before it turned into a profit based scheme provider.

• Like Like x 7
  26. Slowhand

Slowhand Regular EF Member

I had a Stroma assessment a couple of weeks ago.
    The guy who did the assessment was from an independent company.
    He told me NICIEC were trying to take over NAPPIT at the moment.
    He also told me NICIEC don't pay tax as they are a registered charity.

• Like Like x 1
  27. Dan

Well those got added but it seemed pointless looking back now lol not a single vote between them!

28. Leesparkykent

ECA has two votes.

29. Pete999

Pete999 Trusted Advisor

Top Poster Of Month

None, never have been

30. jeremy

jeremy Trusted Advisor

Not personally registered, but contracting for NICEIC Approved Contractor

• Like Like x 1
  31. PeakSteve

PeakSteve New EF Member

With "Which? Trusted Traders" jumping on the bandwagon - claiming to represent "the best" - when they actually represent only anyone who will pay them money, and relying on the public (mis)perception that they are an independent champion of the people - it's a bit like them saying: "pay-up or we'll break yer legs!!!"
    Parasites - the lot of them!

• Like Like x 1
  32. chronyx

chronyx Regular EF Member

NAPIT

Can't stand the NICEIC

• Like Like x 1
  33. Dan

Have any of you shifted from one to another and if so why?

34. Addlight

Addlight Regular EF Member

With NICEIC (d) since starting, but seriously thinking of switching to Stroma for the next year. I would have done it this year but the assessment crept up on me - again - so I'm with it for another year. Reason to move is partly to save a couple of £'00 a year, but also p*****d off the unnecessary marketing to its members - which they charge us for. And don't get me started on the prices in their online 'shop' ...

35. keniff

keniff Electrician's Arms

i was with elecsa but I'm looking to join stroma now as have heard good things, anybody with them now had good experiences with them?

36. Colin33

Colin33 Regular EF Member

I'm with none. Never have been. Part P happened shortly after I spent thousands on training courses to get qualified. Really P*ssed me off! However, LBC are happy with my certs so who needs it? Got more work than I need and don't need a sticker for my van :)

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  37. overskilled

overskilled Trusted Advisor

None, never was and won't be now as I jacked it in, in 2014 to look after the wife (and partly as there were too many contractors looking for too little work and it was a rapid race to the bottom, spent more time quoting fruitlessly and dealing with dingbats wanting everything yesterday for free than working)

Last 2 months though the house phone has been ringing every other day / everyday (try getting people to delist your number...near blooming impossible) with someone chasing a sparky. Seems more than a few have went back on the books, some others have got rumbled and probably work that was getting put off now needs done, not to mention landlords wanting to get stuff sorted for sale/tenant changeovers.

Will I go back to it...tempted but...going back to it, means grief from DWP (in terms of form filling for Carers Allowance) and a load of paperwork I don't want to get back into, not to mention chasing payments / muppets wanting to haggle the price down on completion / Public Sector parasites who consider any business "crooked" etc.

Methinks I'll stay as a carer...unless the phone starts ringing every other minute...then I might pick up the tools again...

• Like Like x 2
  38. HandySparks

HandySparks Trusted Advisor

Business Name:
    Neish Electrical Services
    Changed from Elecsa to Stroma at end of last year. No problems.

Just applied to renew. I've only done about 10 notifiable jobs in the last year. It's only just worth staying registered since they reduced the scope of notifiable work.

• Like Like x 2
  39. Worcester

Worcester Trusted Advisor

We're registered with NICEIC as AC and DI and also with NAPIT, so that'll skew the votes :)

40. Hickmanb1

Hickmanb1 New EF Member

I still refuse to join a governing body. In my opinion it proves little to nothing about the quality and consistency of your work, they just want your money.
    Too many so called tradesmen have got the badge on the van but are barely electricians. I let my work do the talking.

• Like Like x 4
  41. Wyatthaplo

Wyatthaplo New EF Member

None now im mainly a security engineer now and current company dont have any electrical registration.

42. pyrotenax

pyrotenax New EF Member

NICEIC (AC)

43. David M

David M I'm often blinded by simplicity Electrician's Arms

Was with NIC for years, jacked it in a couple years back, now just applied with Stroma and waiting for my assessment.

44. BernardStaunton

BernardStaunton New EF Member

I voted none, mainly because I have been living and working in Spain for the last 14 years and probably should not even be on this forum.
    Very few of those bodies ring any bells with me so I assume that they have appeared during those 14 years.
    Do enjoy keeping up with things back there though while working with very different installations down here.

45. Robospark

Robospark EF Member

I spend half my time putting right "registered sparks" work. I carry out commercial work and was registered with the NICEIC for ten years. On the commercial side I have never been asked for "who am I with" NEVER!
    They want to see C&G certs, insurances, access equipment cards and all the H&S stuff. To be frank I was sick of paying for that corruptible gravy train. You know! they show the inspector the only three jobs they have got anywhere near right and hide the bodging rest.

• Like Like x 3