Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. angel While you're here, would you mind checking out our Electrician's Insurance section to see if we could save you a few quid? - Specifically our Van Insurance Deals and Public Liability Insurance Deals. Thanks for supporting the forum! angel

5% Discount from Electrical2Go.co.uk for ALL members! - Click Here

Discuss Which Form of Contract With Customers? in the Business Related area at ElectrciansForums.co.uk.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Please make sure you checkout our forum sponsors, many do discounts for members and, they keep the forum free to use.
  1. SW1970

SW1970 Regular EF Member

Hi folks, newbie here. Unusually this is not a "please can you send me your Ts&Cs" question. I used to do contract management so know all about contracts, but this is about the practicalities and your experience of how domestic customers react to contracts. Would be grateful for your thoughts on my approach here. Long form includes delay, termination and all the rest of it etc, short form is one page laying out the main points.

Commercial - long form contract

Domestic major job e.g. rewire - long form contract

Domestic minor job e.g. new spur off ring final - *** use long or short form? ***

Domestic out of hours call out - short form covering the time to be done in the call out and mentioning updates to customer if is going to take longer than initial estimate, and highlighting that fault finding could result in a larger estimate to carry out repairs etc.

Many thanks!
    SW

2. SW1970

SW1970 Regular EF Member

Any thoughts folks?

3. DurhamSparky

DurhamSparky Guest

mine is just 1 page

4. Murdoch

Murdoch Electrician's Arms

I rarely use any!