Discuss Which lamp will fit this fitting? in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

HappyHippyDad

-
Esteemed
Arms
Reaction score
Evening all..

My customer has a light fitting in a wine cabinet without a lamp in it. The lamp would be approx 22-23cm long. It looks like an S15 type tube lamp but I am unfamiliar with these and wanted to be sure. One reason why I am hesitant with regards the S15 lamp is that from the photos you'll see that one side of the fitting has a larger diameter metal point than the other side, making me think that the lamp will have some king of similar difference either end of it to correlate with the fitting.

Anyone know which lamp will fit?

Cheers guys. :)

View attachment 35565

View attachment 35566

View attachment 35567

View attachment 35568

Can you still get them.? They are known as skeleton strip lights.

Thanks Dave, it's good having the (how shall I say it politely ;)) more mature member to gain knowledge from.
The skeleton light looks identical to the S15. I was expecting some kind of groove on the ends of the lamp to fit snugly into the light fitting. Also, why the difference in the diameters of the metal pins in the fitting?

Thanks Tel.

Thanks Dave.

Thanks Lee.

Thanks Rpa.

Just had an idea! We could have a 'thanks' button to save multi quoting each individual message, then clicking 'insert quotes', then clicking 'Quote these messages', then writing 'thanks', then sending. Just a cheeky thought :)

Nice bit of teak is that! T'is posh up there in Glos.

Yes, they were quite posh, but nice with it. A retired Major! Made sure I had my blue overlay covers on my grotty boots!

Jesus!! Now it's quoted all my thanks again from another post! I'm not very good at changing with the times...I really don't get on with this new site! Arghhho_O

Wine cabinet? I thought it came in cardboard boxes:)
If that call had been made to me,i feel sure it would have been a lamp,in a retired miner's whippet pen...

Reply to Which lamp will fit this fitting? in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock