• IMPORTANT: Please note that nobody on this forum should be seeking from or providing advice to those who are not competent and / or trained and qualified in their field (local laws permitting). There is a discussion thread on this global industry-wide matter HERE. This also has more information about the warning with regards to sharing electrical advice in some countries. By using this forum you do so in agreement to this.

Discuss Which LED GU10? in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

AJ16

-
DIY
Reaction score
Can anyone recommend a 7.5W LED GU10? I was using a Sylvania lamp but it's no longer produced. The 5W ones are not quite bright enough for my bathroom.
Thanks

Don't use the Robus 650(?) Lumen ones from Screwfix. They cost around £12.00 each and yes they are bright, but are also seemingly prone to failure. Two out of four failed within six months.

So more like screw ed unfix?! Philips or Megaman lamps always work for me

Never buy nowt from them, it's like buying from B&Q with aspirations of being a grown up!

I'll second Megaman after recent advice from this forum.

They do a 6 and 7W LED, I got them online from Fastlec, really good service, ordered online got them 2 days later. You would be hard pressed to find them cheaper.

I'll second Megaman after recent advice from this forum.

They do a 6 and 7W LED, I got them online from Fastlec, really good service, ordered online got them 2 days later. You would be hard pressed to find them cheaper.

Looks good, I'm after warm white but bright, I see the Megaman 6W warm white one is 2800K 'very warm white'. Just wondering if they would give the same light as a 50W dichroic??

Sylvania got back to me yesterday to say that they the 7.5W has been replaced by a 5.5W which is brighter, they are sending one for free to replace one that failed on Sat, so will be interested to see what it's like. It's called a RefLED Superia ES50 V2

I'm hoping the new Sylvania one will be good although not sure on pricing. What is the position now on dimming GU10 LEDs? Do you still need a minimum number to give best results?

I've installed 60 lumilife GU10's from LED hut and the customer is well impressed. 5W and they're bright. First time I've used them. 13 of them are on dimmer switches which I have to replace to LED compatible dimmers. LED hut recommend varilight pro dimmers so will see how they fair. Anyone used them?

I've installed 60 lumilife GU10's from LED hut and the customer is well impressed. 5W and they're bright. First time I've used them. 13 of them are on dimmer switches which I have to replace to LED compatible dimmers. LED hut recommend varilight pro dimmers so will see how they fair. Anyone used them?
ledhut sell dimmers on there site as well as the modules so you can use the same brand switch around the home

Reply to Which LED GU10? in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back