Discuss Which option/route is better for unexperienced in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi,

I am 25 years old and wanting to start a trade however is it worth doing the level 2 and 3 (2365) to become an electrician domestic or commercial or would the option of aiming to be gas safe engineer be the best option I.e. better pay more job opportunities etc.

I know this probably isn’t the best place to talk about plumbing but any help regarding both would be appreciated.

Thanks

Hi,

I am 25 years old and wanting to start a trade however is it worth doing the level 2 and 3 (2365) to become an electrician domestic or commercial or would the option of aiming to be gas safe engineer be the best option I.e. better pay more job opportunities etc.

I know this probably isn’t the best place to talk about plumbing but any help regarding both would be appreciated.

Thanks
Kudos for deciding to get a trade but only you can answer that question. Both routes involve a lot of hard work both before and after qualification so you're more likely to stay the course if you enjoy it.

For me it's electrics every time but I can see the attraction of Gas Safe. Go for what appeals to you.

Hi,

Thanks
At 25 you are still young enough to do either, becomming a spark at 28-30 is definately do able and you may never be rich but will always be in work.

Hi,

Thanks
Please don't take this reply the wrong way matey 123, but in all honesty you need to chose which path you want to take, Electricians positions can be really rewarding, I should know, check out my profile, I think I chose the right path at a young age, things are different these days, adult trainees and Apprentices, it's a far cry from when I started, but to reinforce what I'm trying to say, try not to go just for the money. I know it's an important issue, especially if you are an older starter, you need to make your choice and stick with it, I 'm sure it will come to fruition in the end, it did for me, as I suspect it has for many other Forum members, good luck, make the right choice, become an Electrician.

Please don't take this reply the wrong way matey 123, but in all honesty you need to chose which path you want to take, Electricians positions can be really rewarding, I should know, check out my profile, I think I chose the right path at a young age, things are different these days, adult trainees and Apprentices, it's a far cry from when I started, but to reinforce what I'm trying to say, try not to go just for the money. I know it's an important issue, especially if you are an older starter, you need to make your choice and stick with it, I 'm sure it will come to fruition in the end, it did for me, as I suspect it has for many other Forum members, good luck, make the right choice, become an Electrician.
it's alll here.

Kudos for deciding to get a trade but only you can answer that question. Both routes involve a lot of hard work both before and after qualification so you're more likely to stay the course if you enjoy it.

For me it's electrics every time but I can see the attraction of Gas Safe. Go for what appeals to you.

We have a gas safe engineer on my level 2 2365
:)

That’s like one of those navy/army adverts there Pete designed to make the hair on your neck stand on end and get you motivated

Reply to Which option/route is better for unexperienced in the Electrician Courses : Electrical Quals area at ElectriciansForums.net