Discuss which panel schott or schucco !!! in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

D

Ducati

Hi guys, any one can advise im having a 4kw pv fitted and stuck between schuco poly 225 @ £9995
and schott mono 190 @ £11300 both with a sma inverter
any impartial views which is better thanks

Hi Big solar , thanks for the reply ,
i'm stuck between 2 systems quoted

1, schuco 18 x215 poly panel giving 3870kw with either a sunny boy 4000TL20 or a 3800 my choice,
@ £9995

2, schott 21 x 190 mono panel giving 3990kw with a sunny boy sb3300 @ £11400,

its doing my head in !!
is it worth paying the extra £1400 ! thanks

Okay, I've run both systems through my software:

3.87kWp system with 18no. 215 Schuco panels:

With the SB3800: Yields 3,103kWh annually

WIth the SB4000TL: Yields 3,123kWh annually

3.99kWp system with 21 Schott 190 mono panels:

SB3300: Yields 3,440 kWh annually

These figures are based on Birmingham. Where are you based?

hi, thanks for that, i'm in peterborough, total south facing garden, no shade ,
is it worth the xtra £1400 to generate 317w over a time period , what would you have
cheers

forgot to add is it also normal that a 3.99kw system only produces 3440kw thats about 12-15 % loss ?

Last edited by a moderator:
That extra would be worth around £160 a year. It's a judgement call.

Do any of the firms seem more professional? Don't let price be the only factor.

Both systems are VERY cheap when compared to the market in general.

I dont know his name , schuco panels is a roofing/electrical company from Essex, and the other schott is local cambridgeshire roofing/electrical, its become a total minefield of quality and junk materials " it looks like its going to be another double glazing issue everyman and his dog doing it, hence i only want German build and the rest is who can do the job professionaly, back up and price
thanks for your advise guys

Simple, there was a big cancelled governement contract recently (not UK, elsewhere in the EU) and the net effect was that brand new paid for Schuco panels were being sold off to offset the cancelled project costs, minimum purchase a full container, and at prices below normal wholesale and well below what any of the UK wholesalers can buy at. It'll be shortlived and all things will return to normal when the stock's gone.

I disagree in part, the market in the south is cut throat and ruthless. Lots of new firms and cheap panel / inverter combos - sub 10k is almost usual.

Fotunately there are still many people who understand you get exactly what you pay for and cheap tier 3 imports with lowest priced inverter is not such a good deal over 25 years.

But it will be nice when the Schuco panel situaton works it way through the market.

Simple, there was a big cancelled governement contract recently (not UK, elsewhere in the EU) and the net effect was that brand new paid for Schuco panels were being sold off to offset the cancelled project costs, minimum purchase a full container, and at prices below normal wholesale and well below what any of the UK wholesalers can buy at. It'll be shortlived and all things will return to normal when the stock's gone.

Thanks for your input , some one of your understanding of the market both systems with a sma 4000tl transformer less, which would you have if it was for you schott or schucco !!! £1400 difference
thanks rob

When i worked for an Solar installer we used to travel to a place near Birmingham on a regular basis to pick up pannels I believe they where called all eco energy. My company was based in Norfolk.

Just spotted this thread and am also in Peterborough.
I am not ideal with an ESE facing roof but having done a lot of research over about 3mths the return
makes sense with the pricing that is currently available.
Coincidentally I chose the Schuco 19 X 210 with SMA 4000TL at just under the £10K
Panels fitted today with completion by Sat.
I have been very impressed with the panel installation(completed in a day) and hope this will continue.
There has been some debate re the location of the inverter ie roofspace or near consumer
unit in our linked garage(approx 25m cable run)
This should probably be on another thread of its own but what is best?
Roofspace and have the higher ambient temps and also not so easy to access?? or the DC voltage
drop with the extra cabling(or use higher gauge cable -4mm is cable diameter spec on the
config)
Maybe the 1% loss is not worth worrying about....!

but your refering to hybrid panels or mono, 20% more efficient but so is the price
can you fit a sanyo 4k sytem fitted under 10k !!

If you download the sunnydesign software you can model various panel scenarios.
Loading 4kw sanyos/schuco/schott etc will show you the output differences per annum
for a south facing roof unshaded with the 4000TL

Schott 190 mono 3514
Schuco 210 poly 3370
Sanyo 250 hit 3429

When I compared the Sanyo hit 250's to the Schuco MPE 210's then the difference for
my ESE location is around 100kwh/a.
It may be more or less but the Schuco panels have a 0 to +5% tolerance so if I am lucky
then this could be much closer.
looking at the numbers I maybe should have looked at the Schott monos but there are hundreds
to choose from........you pay your money and take your choice!
As sma is probably impartial re panels then I view the comparison data as likley more accurate.
I doubt the differences per annum will be recovered against the extra initial cost outlay
unless you intend to live signifcantly longer than another 25 years.
If you have the roof size then the panel choice is easier imho re value

Last edited:
I'm confident that over the course of 25 years installing Sanyo panels will be the best option, i've put my money where my mouth is.

I can fully understand people wanting smaller up-front costs but I feel Sanyo is worth the extra mone not only for the quality and performance but for the 10 year guarantee and the piece of mind it provides.

Ducati - you have a great system and very good price, i'm sure you'll be very happy with, but for me Sanyo is the way I wanted to go.

I think you will find that the Schuco guarantee is slightly better at 5year,12year 90% output and 25year 80% versus 5year 10year 90% output and 25 year 80%?

Dont get me wrong the Sanyo panels I believe are the best however I wouldnt consider the cost differential worth it as up front cost are probably 15-20% more.

There is always a place for premium branding but the risk is less business and lower market share ultimately.

When the uk market is expanding so fast perhaps there is plenty of business to go around,but without doubt it will get more and more competitive with money to be made- until the government uturns or reduces the fit benefits off course.

Reply to which panel schott or schucco !!! in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock