Discuss Which RCD trip time to record? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

spud1

-
Arms
Reaction score
Afternoon all,

As we all know the new 18th certs only have the facility to record the x1 trip time of a circuits RCD in the test results page. They've got rid of the x5 column for some reason!?
NICEIC are recommending that where the RCD is being used for additional protection the x5 reading should be recorded and where it is being used for fault protection (e.g. TT earthed installation) the x1 reading should be recorded. But the column is called 'Operating time at 1(delta)n (ms), bit of a conflict there?

Which one do we record and why would x1 be more relevant to fault protection and x5 to additional protection?

Thanks everybody.

If the form wants you to record 1x, then that’s what you record.
The characteristics specified for an RCD when used as additional protection, is that it is 30mA.
There is no operating time specified.

When used as the sole means of fault protection, the slowest operating time should be recorded, as that is what is required to be known to ensure the requirements for ADS are satisfied.

Reply to Which RCD trip time to record? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Called out to fault on RCD tripping maybe twice in a month for sometime. Did all the tests & found RCD was faulty, Refitted a new Rcd Type A which...
Replies
Views
Hello! I've been racking my brain this evening about some RCD selections. I've been doing some work for a solar installer, and they've asked me...
Replies
Views
Hey all, I'm looking for some advice to help me troubleshoot my strange issue with my consumer unit/fuse board on which my RCD keeps tripping...
Replies
Views
Hi Guys, I'm having trouble diagnosing a fault on a customers downstairs socket ring, which only ever trips when the washing machine is used. The...
Replies
Views
My circuit panel has two banks of breakers, each bank protected by an RCD. One of these RCDs has been problematic in that it trips intermitantly...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock